Chapter 10

My clothes shredded from my body as the shift took over me, my paws landing onto the soft grass below. Caspian stood above me, his height looming over my tall but still small frame. His golden eyes stared as if his lion didn't know what to make of me.

I could see my silver fur shining from the sunlight, reflecting into my glistening blue eyes. I nudged his paw with my nose, whining slightly like the little bitch that I am. He snapped out of whatever trance he must have been in before lunging at me, knocking me over.

He growled playfully as he nipped at my neck. Normally I would have put a shifter in their place with that kind of defiance but I couldn't find it in me to be bothered by it. We wrestled around on the grass. Nipping and licking at each other with an odd familiarity and gentleness, I should have found it revolting, but I didn't. I couldn't.

It was strange how comfortable my wolf was with Caspian's lion. It's like she had found her long lost friend, relishing in the love he had to offer her.

I could vaguely hear approaching footsteps, but I was too focused on Caspian to care much about it.

"What the fuck? I thought we were meeting up for the project." Colt's deep voice spoke from the edge of the clearing.

I whipped my head up before climbing off of Caspian's back where I previously had his fur in my mouth like a mother would a kitten. I watched as Colt, Harley, and Daxon looked at us with disgust, confusion, and smugness written across their faces.

Caspian shifted, standing in all of his naked, golden glory. The guys didn't even glance in his direction though. No. They were looking at me.

I shifted, raising my eyebrows at them. "What?" I watched in confidence as all four pairs of eyes looked at me from head to toe, barely containing themselves from standing still.

Colt snapped out of his stare off first and looked at the others, making him hiss as he pulled his shirt off and threw it at me. "Put that damn shirt on, angel."

I bit back my smug smile as I slowly pulled the shirt down. However, jokes on me because as I did so, I inhaled a breath full of Colt's scent, making my wolf stir in delight. Hmm.

I felt the shirt drop, almost touching my knees, cutting off the guys staring contest and bringing them back to the present. I was about to thank Colt until he spoke up again. "What the fuck was that?"

"She's part werewolf obviously, dumbass. Weren't you just standing there?" Daxon said, looking at Colt with a serious face before sneaking a wink at me. Colt gritted his teeth, ignoring Daxon like usual.

"What are you then?" Harley asked, looking at me as if he had no idea who I was, like a mystery he wanted to solve.

Colt pinned Harley with a death glare. "You don't get to ask her any questions, big bird."

I could tell Harley put up a defensive wall in his mind, blocking out Colt's intrusive visions. "And you do?" He questioned, now looking Colt straight on as he stalked closer.

Colt narrowed his eyes into snake-like slits. "I'm not the one who loves making a fool out of her."

"I wouldn't necessarily agree with that," Daxon muttered. Again, being completely ignored by everyone.

Harley's brows creased together. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you're a fucking liar, Steele."

I heard the sound of pants buckling before an effectively pissed off Caspian yelled, "Okay, enough! Is somebody going to tell me what the hell is going on?" We all looked at each other, Harley now realizing that we all knew his secret. "And what is that little look?" Caspian said exasperated.