Chapter 36

My leg bounces up and down as I look out of the car window. Trees tear past us as we drive down the empty road, heading deeper and deeper into the woods.

"Can you quit fidgeting so much?"

I move my head to glance back at Colt who looks out of his own window. I would have snapped back at him if it weren't for the fact that he was practically squished up against the door on his side. Daxon was currently sitting in the middle of the back seat with his legs spread so wide, both of his knees touched Colt and Harley's leg.

I grab my seat and lean further around it to see Harley who was sitting behind me. I burst out laughing at the sour expression on his face as his wings were tucked in so tight, I'm surprised they haven't retreated back into his own body.

Daxon is taking up most of the backseat with his relaxed position, but neither Colt nor Harley complains. If I'm being honest, I think they're freaking out about meeting my parents. Or more importantly, my dads. Although, it's really my mom I'm worried about. She doesn't get along with people easily and she can be, well....abrasive.

My dads constantly talked about how similar we are while I was growing up, but I didn't see it. I mean, I'm pretty easy to get along with. I snort at my own thoughts. Yeah, maybe I'm not much of a people person either.

Caspian looks at me out of the corner of his eye as he drives. I smile at him because although I'm scared shitless at what might happen when we get there, I'm glad I have all of them by my side.

Gentle hands run down the length of my hair in silent support. I sigh, settling back into my seat. I know it's Harley doing it if Daxon's snores have anything to say for it. He might be the only one of us who isn't nervous about the visit. He's so lucky people just naturally like him. Unlike me with my resting bitch face.

Caspian looks at me as he says, "We're here."

Next thing I know, Daxon suddenly appears right next to me as he leans forward as much as he can in his seat. "Elaborate on where we are, will you love?"

I swallow as I look at the familiar landscape. "This area is the midpoint of our region. All three of my dads run their own territories. Axel is the alpha of the vampire clan, Atticus is the alpha of the coven, and Everett is the alpha of the wolf pack."

"And your mom?" Colt huffs from his spot by the window as he takes in everything around us.

I look towards the home I grew up in as we approach. "She's the luna."

"Of?" Harley prompts.

I look back at them with a raised brow. "Of all of it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caspian parks us at the end of the long driveway. We needed a few moments to prepare what we were going to say. I didn't think much about how things were going to play out. I just knew that it was time to come home. And I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous. I mean, I've always been close with my parents, it's just that...I've always felt a little lost.

We walk up the driveway and onto the porch. I stand still, fidgeting with the rings on my fingers. I'm so fucking nervous, I think I'm going to be sick. I'm about to back out and suggest we come back another time before Daxon knocks on the door. I send him a glare but he just grins at me.

Footsteps sound from the other side before the door opens, revealing my mom, Rose. She blinks at me a few times before squealing and wrapping me up in a hug. I feel stunned for a minute before my arms wrap around her in return. She leans back, rubbing her hands over my hair as she smiles brightly at me.