𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟥 || 𝑀𝑜𝓇𝑔𝒶𝓃𝒶 𝐿𝑒 𝐹𝒶𝓎

~

~

Narnia had a special air to it. It didn't feel like their regular world. Everything had life, from the trees to the rivers even the air felt livelier and fresher than back home in England. 

The sun was now reaching over the sky as Adeline made her way through the camp. It was strange getting so much attention from everyone but the creatures around her bowed or nodded their heads, which she gladly returned. It wasn't harder now to believe that she was a princess with her blue dress and faithful daggers at her waist. Her hair had been detangled by a couple of dryads who had then tied up the front half away from her face when she had mentioned she was going to train with Morgana.

The camp wasn't too hard to navigate and Adeline soon found herself in a field with archery ranges and other creatures wielding, swords, bows, and spears. 

"Princess Adeline." A voice called out. Adeline spotted the owner of it waiting in an unoccupied area of the field, near some boulders.

"Hello Lady Morgana." Adeline ran with a smile.

The older woman clasped her hands behind her back, "So, I see you've taken up my offer."

Adeline nodded, placing a hand on Solis, "If I'm going to fight in a war and get Edmund back then I need to learn how to properly use these."

Morgana's brow rose. "Before you learn discipline with your weapons, you must first learn to control your magic."

Lady Morgana began to walk and Adeline trailed behind, hanging onto every word, "If this were the old days then you would have started magical training at the age of five, and by the time you were ten you would have begun your tutoring and sword training in preparation of you being queen."

Morgana stopped and turned to her and said in a softer tone, "Your mother and I had discussed your future, princess. We wanted to make sure you would become the queen Narnia needed."

Adeline's throat choked up at the mention of her mother. They had talked about her, her mother wanted the best for her, and now she was gone. The woman Adeline couldn't even remember, but her love had survived years later.

"Wait a minute." Adeline froze in her tracks. "You said you knew my mother, but the Beavers said that winter has been here for a hundred years." She blinked in confusion, "So you must be-"

"Over a hundred years old." Morgana cut her off, "Yes. Pureblood fae can live hundreds of years. Even people with fae ancestry can live a few years longer than an average human. You're a half-blood, so I wouldn't be surprised if you reached two hundred, maybe three hundred years old."

Adeline's jaw dropped. She couldn't even imagine living to be that old.

"Alright, enough talking," Morgana interrupted her thoughts, "We do not have much time and it's important that you have at least some knowledge of the art of war."