𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟪 || 𝒟𝒾𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓇 𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓅𝒽𝑒𝒸𝒾𝑒𝓈

~

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

~

Narnia was absolutely stunning, if not cold. The children followed the beaver through forests and hills layered in blankets of snow. They finally broke through the trees and came upon a river which lead to a frozen pond. A dam was strewn across it and there was a small wooden house on the lake.

"Oh blimey," exclaimed Mr. Beaver, which is what he asked to be called, "looks like the ol' girls got the kettle on. Nice cup o' rosy lea."

Adeline gave a grateful smile. A warm cup of tea and somewhere to put her feet up was exactly what she needed.

"Finally," Peter whispered, his breath tickling her ear, "I thought I might have dropped from hypothermia."

"Well thank goodness you didn't or else we would have had to drag you all the way here," Adeline retorted with a snort, "I might have left you back there if you did.'

Peter pouted playfully at her, his blue eyes sparkling with mischief, "You would really leave me behind?"

Adeline followed the others, who were already heading down to the small house, "If it meant getting to warmth and food faster then yes." she called over her shoulder with a laugh.

Peter ran down to her with a shuffle of feet and poked her in the ribs, as a joke. Adeline returned the favor with a light punch to the shoulder and both children laughed easily as they all headed towards the dam.

~

"Is that you Mr. Beaver?!" a high voice called out. A beaver who looked very similar to Mr. Beaver waddled out of the home. "I've been worried sick! If I find out you've been out with badger again I'll- oh..."

The female beaver finally looked up to see the five children and a look of disbelief grew on her face. Adeline smiled nervously at the attention, "Hello." she said.

"Those aren't badgers." the she-beaver said. She waddled to Mr. Beaver and exclaimed, "I never thought I'd live to see this day."

Adeline shared an amused look with Lucy, who was grinning widely at the interaction.

"Look at my fur," she beaver turned to Mr. Beaver, "You couldn't give me ten minutes warning?" she scolded him.

"I would have given you a week if I thought it would have helped." he retorted back.

The children chuckled at the banter between them. Adeline assumed they must be married or something similar to that, or if they even had marriages in Narnia.

"Come inside," the female beaver invited, "And we'll see if we can get you some food, and some civilized company," the last bit seemed to be directed towards Mr. Beaver, who just laughed at the comment.

Adeline spoke up for all of them, who still seemed a little stunned, "That sounds wonderful, thank you." She led the way, following the female beaver inside.