𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟢 || 𝐹𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒞𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓈

~

~

Night melted into day as the three remaining Pevensies, Adeline and the beavers began their trek to the stone table. That morning they had woken up early to get a head start, stomping out the small fire and wrapping up their belongings. Just before they left Adeline couldn't help but look over to the lawn, where the stone statues, once talking beasts, were silent and cold.

The trees and forest around them looked the same to her, and she feared that they would get lost, although Mr. Beaver ensured her that he knew the way. Lucy stumbled as she gripped tightly to Adeline's hand, the drowsiness still taking its hold on the little girl. The beavers led the way, heading up a steep hill, Susan following suit and Peter taking the back.

"Come on Lu," Adeline helped the girl up a boulder, "You can do it."

"But I'm tired," she complained, as Adeline pulled herself up, "And my feet are cold, and my nose is runny."

Adeline huffed, pushing away a strand of hair that had fallen into her face, before crouching down to the little girls level, "So am I Lu, and as are Peter and Susan but we have to keep going. We need to make it to Aslan before the Witch does." she reached out and tucked a stray hair behind Lucy's ear and gave her a small smile, "Here, imagine that we're explorers, and that we've been sent on a mission to find new land." she stood up and took Lucy's hand, "And that we need to find the buried treasure before an evil sorcerer does." 

Lucy sniffled and looked up at Adeline with wandering eyes, "Can I be the leader?"

Adeline laughed, "Of course you can. I wouldn't have it any other way." 

A crunching of snow indicated Peter, who caught up with them and took Lucy's other hand, "Onwards, Lu."

The little girl squealed as Adeline and Peter swung Lucy by her arms. Both children laughed as they made their way up a steep hill. For the first time in a while, Adeline felt calm. The ruckus of the past day had been so sudden so much that she almost missed the quiet and calm life she had in the country, but this adventure was what she had been waiting for all her life, even if they were being hunted down.

Lucy's hand slipped out of hers as she ran to catch up with Susan and the Beavers, shouting something about how they all had to listen to her now. 

"Oh to be a kid again," Peter said, taking Lucy's place by her side, the boy towered over her, his cheeks nose, and ears red from the cold, snowflakes resting in his blond hair, and his blue eyes sparkling in the morning light. 

"We still are dummy," Adeline teased, picking up her brown fur coat by the hem and worked her way over a boulder before turning around and reaching out a hand to him.