𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟩 || 𝒯𝑜 𝒯𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈' 𝐻𝑜𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒲𝑒 𝒢𝑜

~ 

Trudging through the wet snow was easier said than done. Adeline was wearing simple slippers and her toes were numb and cold. She tugged the sleeves of her white wool sweater, hidden underneath her brown fur coat over her frozen fingers, trying to get some feeling back.

A little way down the path they were going on they stopped in a small clearing, a lamp post taking residence there, the bright flame the only colorful thing in the wood.

She could hear Lucy explaining how she found it the first time she arrived but the rest of her words were blurred out as Adeline reached to touch the lamp post. She had a feeling she had been here before and her magic was responding to the cold metal as well, stirring inside of her.

"Come on Addy!" Lucy beckoned as they all left the lamp post behind to head to Mr. Tumnus' house. 

She shuffled near the end of the line with Susan who was admiring the scenery around her.

"It's quite beautiful isn't it." Adeline broke the silence.

"Yes," Susan chuckled, "If it weren't for the fact my toes were about to fall off I might say I would like to stay longer."

Both girls giggled and caught up to the rest of the group. They reached a slope where the ground went downhill. Ahead of her Peter ran down the hill and slid in the snow, laughing like a maniac. Adeline ran past the younger two and jumped in the pile of snow beside him, the adrenaline pounding in her ears as she let out a scream then a laugh.

She stared at Peter with wide eyes as he picked up a handful of snow and threw it at her. Adeline returned the favor and with the excitement getting to her, she tackled him to the ground. Both children laughing as snow went everywhere.

She looked down at Peter and blushed at their sudden proximity. His arms were wrapped around her waist and she could feel his breath on her cheeks. Adeline scrambled off him quickly, silently scolding herself for her foolishness. Instead of having a disapproving look as she expected him to have Peter had a stupid grin on his face as he stood up and held out a hand for her. She took it with as much grace as she could muster and let him help her up.

Susan and Lucy were giggling at the small scene and Adeline shot them a glare behind the boys' backs as they carried on.

This wasn't like her. Usually, she managed to keep her composure but something about this place was changing her. It felt as if her head was sharp and clear after being foggy for so many years like she was finally getting a breath of fresh air. Her magic was responding to this place and she felt free here. 

Adeline only realized she was starting to trail behind when Lucy took her hand, the small fingers wrapping around her own, and walked with her. 

"Peter seems to like you," Lucy remarked.

Adeline flushed and tucked a lock of stray hair behind her ear, "I thought you all did."

Lucy giggled and playfully shoved Adeline, "You know what I mean."