𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟨 || 𝐵𝒶𝓇𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃

~

~

The muttering of the Narnian creatures was not comforting at all.

"They say she's here for the boy." one tiger muttered to another.

"What does the witch want now?!" A nymph clutched at her gown and made her way to the front

"Aslan will protect us." a frightened squirrel chattered, "I'm sure of it."

Adeline followed the other children to the front of the gathered creatures. Aslan was already standing outside of his tent, Morgana and Orieus behind him at the ready as everyone made way for the witch who had plunged Narnia into eternal winter. 

A red dwarf was announcing her arrival, his gruff voice calling out her name, "Jadis, the queen of Narnia, empress of the Lone Islands."

The wicked witch herself was sat on a throne-like chair, carried by four ogres. Adeline hadn't even thought about what she would look like but this was close enough to what she had come up with.

The White Witch was a pale woman, blonde hair tied up and little icicles of what must have been a crown nestled among it. Her white dress looked too thick for the summer and bared her even paler shoulders and arms. Although she was no real queen she surely held herself up like one. Her neck was stiff and she imposed a glare that would turn one to stone and could have rivalled Medusa herself, on everyone who watched her. 

Beside her Edmund stiffened, the poor boy was shaking in fear and Adeline subtly stepped in front of him. Should the witch say or do anything she would have to get through Adeline first. Peter must have had the same idea because he did the same, pulling Lucy behind him and resting a ready hand on his blade.

The moment the queen's chair was set down and she stood all went quiet. Even the sounds of the birds were gone as if they were all holding their breath, waiting to see what happened. Aslan approached the witch, the only one in the crowd who was unafraid.

The witch's cold stare landed on Edmund who was breathing heavily. Adeline placed a hand on Solis and at that moment the witch's glare turned to her. Adeline was pinned like a fly on the wall as something similar to enragement flashed through the witch's eyes. As soon as it appeared it was gone and the witch's attention turned back to Aslan. A shiver ran up Adeline's spine, and her magic pushed its way up, wanting to strike the witch.

"You have a traitor in your midst Aslan." her voice was smooth but as cold as ice.

Gasps and murmurs rang through the camp as the witch spoke, the words which everyone had been thinking finally said out loud.

"His offence was not against you," Aslan said in a low timbre. 

"Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?" she taunted.

Aslan growled fiercely, his gold mane shaking, "Do not cite the deep magic to me, witch! I was there when it was written." 

Morgana looked ready to strike, the crackling of her magic could be felt in the air by Adeline whose own magic wanted to do the same.