𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟦 || 𝐻𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒮𝑒𝑒𝓀

~

"Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar."

Adeline rolled her eyes and tried not to sigh loudly. Today the children were supposed to go outside and have fun but Mother Nature had contradicted their idea. It was pouring cats and dogs outside and all five of them were stuck in the study, with nothing to do.

Adeline was sitting on the large scratchy sofa with Susan who had an enormous book perched on her lap, the book covering up her plaid skirt.

Adeline herself was sitting on the opposite side of the sofa with her journal open on the arm, trying to write. Unfortunately, the weather had brought down her mood and she gave up, stuffing it into her black knee-high skirt and pulling the mustard yellow cardigan she had chosen today closer for warmth. Adeline sniffed at the irony of the color of her clothing and the current mood of nature.

"Come on Peter," Susan insisted, she must have felt the chill in the room as well because she pulled her blue wool sweater tighter around herself,  "Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar."

Peter, who was sitting on an armchair across from them did what Adeline didn't have the courage to do to Susan's face and rolled his eyes at her, "Is it Latin?" 

"Yes," Adeline responded for Susan, sending the blond a grimace, she had read all of these books before out of complete boredom a hundred times. 

She didn't take her eyes off of Peter, thinking about how his blue shirt perfectly matched his eyes. Adeline blinked, what was wrong with her? She quickly averted her eyes and started fiddling with her necklace, hoping Peter hadn't noticed her staring.

Edmund who had been laying on the ground fiddling with a chair sat up with a sinister smile, "Is it Latin for 'worst game ever invented?"

Susan huffed and shut the giant book. Adeline shook with silent laughs before Susan gave her a glare and shut her up.

Adeline's boredom was reaching its limits, she wished she had brought her book but she had left the copy of 'Little Women' in her room. Pulling at her necklace, she thought about what her heroine Jo March would do. She would probably be frustrated, just like Adeline was now, but she would also make up some sort of play or game.

Before Adeline could say anything, Lucy, who had been sitting on the windowsill this entire time walked over to the rest of the group.

"We could play hide and seek," she crossed her arms on Peter's armchair.

Peter looked over at Adeline, humor in his eyes, "But we're already having so much fun," sarcasm dripping off of every word.