𝐼𝐼 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒 𝐼𝐼

I wanna come home

I wanna come home

Where the streets lead back to where I'm born

Where my feet feel steady on the ground

I wanna come home

Mother, can you take me home to you?

~

The faint shouts and clashing of swords rang through the air as Astraea Jemmings ran through the woods. In her arms, her three-year-old daughter was crying softly, terrified of the noises. The black smoke growing from their home, followed them as the queen of Narnia ran. Cair Paravel burned with her husband, the king, who was fighting a battle she knew he would not survive.

Astraea stopped for a moment to catch her breath, with her daughter in one arm she checked to see if her twin daggers were still at her hips, she hoped that she did not have to use them today but she knew she would.

The little girl whimpered in her mother's arms and the fae queen quickly gathered her up, "I know my darling," she whispered, "We're almost there, stay strong."

Sharp howls split through the air and the queen quickly resumed running. Tears slipped down the queen's cheeks for she knew that after today she would never see her little girl again. This child in her arms was apart of a great prophecy that the queen would never see fulfilled. At her birth, when the prophecy was announced the king and queen had to keep it a secret, but somehow it got out and now, She was coming to kill her daughter.

The queen was a fae and her daughter shared her blood and her powers. With a child like her apart of the great prophecy, the evil in Narnia grew fearful and attacked their home.

In the distance, sleigh bells jingled and Astraea's breath caught in her throat, she clutched her daughter even closer.

The last queen passed a lamp post and she knew she was close to safety. Beyond the lamp post, her daughter would be safe in another world with a trusted man of Narnia, she had already sent word ahead and she prayed he had received it.

Astraea reached a small clearing where she could see the opening to her daughter's safety. The queen set her daughter down, the poor girl still clutching onto her mother.

"Adeline, you must listen to me," Astraea rested a palm on her cheek. "You are going to leave now, for a long time. A good man will take care of you." Tears slipped down both their cheeks as the howling of wolves grew louder behind them. Astraea unhooked the necklace that was hanging around her throat, a small silver flower on a matching chain with a sapphire jewel set in the middle, and put it around her daughter's neck.

"You will not remember me but know that one day you will come back to save us all. You are special Adeline, always know that." Adeline nodded as her mother brushed away the girl's chocolate locks before placing one final kiss on her forehead.