𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟪 || 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝒶𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒

~

~

Adeline had thought that her nightmares were frightening.

Battle was so much worse.

They had spent the morning getting ready and planning for the fight ahead. The strategies were set and the troops in place.

Adeline had been left alone with her thoughts as she dressed. The armour she was given had been crafted for her measurements and detailed designs had been carved into the gleaming metal. She wore a blue shirt underneath with chainmail set over top. The armour itself was composed of multiple parts. Adeline had put on the chest plate which had small detailing of her mother's crest hidden on it. It covered her chest but left her stomach slightly exposed in order to provide movement and ended under her ribs. The armour had shoulder pieces tied into place and she had slipped on her wrist pieces as well. The leg pieces she tied onto her forelegs which she wore over brown leggings and she slipped on her boots which gave her mobility. 

At last, she braided the top of her hair away from her face in a dutch braid which ended in a ponytail at the nape of her neck. Her blades were secured around her waist and the fingerless gloves she wore allowed her to grip her weapons and use her magic freely. 

Adeline had picked up her kelt and was about to slip it on when a voice cut her off.

"I wouldn't do that," Morgana said as she entered the tent. "The kelt is only worn in magical battles, not ones of blades where it can get caught on a sword."

"Oh," Adeline had said as she set it down. She didn't want to part with it but she knew it would be unwise to bring it with her. Well... she didn't have to bring all of it with her. In a swift motion, she had cut a strip from the bottom of it and tied the bright blue ribbon into her half braided hair, above the ponytail.

Morgana said nothing and had placed her hands on her shoulders, her mentor was ready in her armour and had spoken words of encouragement. The gleam in her eyes could have been mistaken for tears but the pride was clearer than crystal. Adeline couldn't help but feel her heart warm up.

"Lead us into battle, your Majesty." Morgana had said, "May Aslan and your ancestors watch over us as you take us to victory."

That had been hours ago. Now Adeline sat on Quinn, her sand-coloured mare steady and at attention in front of the army. Peter was in his own armour which had a red shirt over it with the golden lion of their army. He wore a helmet but Adeline had requested that she was not given one, too much restriction. 

The field in front of them was quite beautiful, the green grass and beautiful blue sky made it slightly strange to fight in.