𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟧 || 𝒪𝓃 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒮𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝒪𝒻 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝑜𝑜𝓇

~

~

Adeline rubbed her eyes as the clock struck 12:00. She had been reading for hours upon hours, trying to find out what was happening.
Dinner had been silent and tense. Nobody spoke and Adeline was surprised when even Lucy barely spoke to her and went straight to her room, not even asking Adeline to come and read 'Peter Pan' for her.

Adeline had raided her grandfather's library and searched for any books about magic or sorcery. She had done this many times before but had unfortunately never found anything of use. But she was hoping that maybe this time something new would have appeared or perhaps there had been something that she had missed. So far no luck at all.

She shut an enormous book called, 'Sorcery and Black Magic in the Middle Ages' and shoved it aside with the others. Her legs buzzed as she stood up and stretched, she took off her lavender robe and underneath she had on her white nightgown which she slipped into bed with.

Adeline shut her eyes and wished for sleep, the events of that day playing over and over again as she slipped into darkness.

The brunette woke up suddenly, confused as to what was going on. She then realized that someone had been shaking her and that they were saying something.

"Wake up Addy, wake up!" a high voice shouted,  Adeline recognizing it as Lucy's. "I saw it again. I went back!"

Adeline blinked the sleep out of her eyes to see Lucy smiling down at her. Still half asleep she managed a small, "What?"

"Come on!" the little girl shouted. She seemed to still be in her nightgown and Adeline looked over to her clock. It was two in the morning, which explained Lucy's state of dress.

Adeline shoved her messy excuse for hair out of her face and wiped away some drool at the corner of her mouth. She was contemplating telling Lucy to go back to bed but curiosity got the better of her and she kept her mouth shut.

Lucy pulled Adeline's hand, making her sit up, before running out of the room. She spotted Edmund, who was also in his nightclothes, standing at the door. She shot him a confused look and he replied with a shrug.

Groaning, Adeline grabbed her lavender robe and slipped on her matching slippers, chasing after Lucy. The little girl seemed to have gone to the boys room.

Both her and Edmund ran in where an excited Lucy was jumping on Peter's bed. Susan at that moment barged in as well. A look of surprise took over her face as she saw Adeline standing there.

"Sorry about Lucy." she apologized, "She must have woken you up with her ruckus."

Adeline waved it off and pulled her robe tighter around her, "It's all right."