𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤 || 𝐼𝓃𝓉𝓇𝑜𝒹𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈

~

~

Light illuminated the room as Adeline opened the curtains. She then turned and began to smooth out the sheets on the beds. The four children were arriving today and Adeline couldn't have been more nervous. In between folding the sheets she would reach up and twirl her necklace, a habit she had developed as a child.

Mrs. Macready walking in pulling on a coat, which was quite an ugly color if she did say so herself. "I'm off," she said, "have everything prepared by the time I get back."

"Yes, Mrs. Macready," Adeline replied, monotoned, rolling her eyes as she did.

The door slammed loudly as Macready hurried out. Adeline finished with the sheets and stepped back to admire her work. Everything was in order, which meant that she now had time to do as she pleased. her grandfather was busy with his studies and wished to not be disturbed so talking to him was out of the question. She couldn't go riding or visit the pond either because Mrs. Macready had taken Rosie. So, she was only left with two options, read or write, what she did almost every day.

Adeline looked out the window, where there wasn't a cloud in the sky, might as well do it outside.

Adeling patted the two large pockets of her pink cardigan, her journal and book were there, as always. She left the guest room and headed down the old halls.

The book in her pocket was her favorite book of all time, "Little Women". Her grandfather had given it to her many years ago, claiming that it was the perfect book for a young lady. Mrs. Macready had disagreed. Adeline had come to love the story with all her heart and had always admired Jo's strong will and strength. She wished she could live up to her and one day fulfill her own dreams of becoming an author. So far all Adeline had written were short imaginary stories that didn't really follow a plot. Unfortunately living in the country didn't provide her with too much inspiration.

Adeline opened the large entrance doors and breathed in the fresh air. Her morale for writing was low so she took out her book. Adeline walked a little way down their humongous lawn where a beautiful willow tree was. Sitting at the roots, Adeline cracked open her book and began to read, her worried and anxiety fading away as she was enveloped into the story.

She didn't know how much time had passed when she was interrupted by the sound of clopping and voices. Peeking out from amongst the roots, she spotted a carriage being drawn by Rosie. Mrs. Macready was controlling the reins and behind her, four heads were poking out from the carriage.

The nervous butterflies from before came back and Adeline's knuckles turned white as she clutched onto her book. She could feel her magic bustling up inside of her and she took a deep breath, pushing the feelings down.