Training Begins

It had only been a single day since Voltron was first formed after 10,000 years. However, the introduction of a new Lion, a golden Lion to be specific, surprised even the princess.

The pilot of this new Lion, was the Golden Paladin, Novae of the Rebellion. She simply introduced herself as that, nothing more, nothing less.

Though the Paladins had many questions for the newcomer, Shiro assured them that she was trustworthy, remembering some of his past year while he was held captive on a Galra ship.

Before the sun rose in the east, Novae woke up upon instinct. Being a seasoned Rebel, she was accustomed to waking up. On top of that, she was always sleeping with one eye open, as most say. Novae was skilled, both self taught and through experience.

Novae sat up out of bed, looking straight forward while coming to her senses within a second. The events from yesterday came back to her quickly and she smiled upon remembering that she was united with the other Paladins of Voltron.

Slowly, Novae took in a deep breath and got out of bed, making it neatly before getting dressed in her armor and sitting on the floor with her legs crossed.

She closed her eyes and began her daily session of meditation. To meditate is to clear her mind, however, it also helped her train her senses and other.... secret abilities of hers.

About two hours later, she jumped ot her feet at the sound of Princess Allura shouting through the speakers and the alarms blaring loudly in her ears.

"Everybody up! Zarkon's attacking!" Allura shouted with great urgency.

Novae ran out of the room in record speed, rushing down the halls to the bridge.

"The Castle's about to be destroyed! Go, go, go! We need Voltron now! Hurry we can't survive much longer!"

Novae ran through the barely opened doors of the bridge and prepared for anything, but saw no signs of any danger towards the Castle.

She simply saw the princess and her advisor standing near the control panel. Seeing that there was no danger, and it would only be a few ticks before everyone else would be coming into the room, Novae decided that it would be best if she just stayed back and waited.

"You've got to sell it a bit more." Coran said taking the comm from Allura.

"Oh, no! Allura is dead! Aw, it's horrible! Her head fell off!"

Novae sighed at his playful nature and leaned against the back wall while Coran continued his dramatic dialogue.

Sure enough, one by one, the other Paladins came rushing onto the bridge. Except for Lance, who had his headphones on while sleeping, so he did not hear the blaring alarms until much later.

"Wait! What? Her severed head is trying to speak to me! What is it Allura's head? What are your final words?"

Allura looked back towards the door, seeing that most of the paladins had come.

"Coran." She said.

"Oh, yes, Princess, I'm listening."

"It's over." The alarms stopped and the lights turned to normal instead of the red strobbing lights.

"Oh, I know!" Coram groaned, "If only Voltron had been formed." He looked up and saw the Paladins standing in front of the closed door, though disheveled and one unchanged from his pajamas.

"Oh! Time!"

"I guess this isn't an actual attack." Shiro said.

"And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you... Coran?" The Princess said.