Chapter Twenty Three: What do you think?

"Oh, did I interrupt something?" Mephistp said in his usual sadistic laced tone, looking at his younger brother's and Y/n's disheveled clothing. "By all means, continue. Dont let me stop you."

"You already did," Amaimon inaudible huffed.

"Did you need me for something?" Y/n asked, trying to fix her clothes and conceal her beet red cheeks.

"You know," he put his finger on his chin. "Now that you mention it, I cant recall."

"Seriously?"

"Relax, Y/n, I'm only teasing. I called you two in here because I received a complaint."

"About me?"

"Not directly, but I assume it has something to do with both of you."

"How did you know Amaimon would've came with me?"

"He's a love sick puppy," Mephisto looked at how Amaimon was in a bit more possessive mood rather than his normal carefree playfulness. "I imagine he'll be stuck to you for a while, even more so now it seems."

Proving his point, Amaimon grabbed Y/n and pulled her closer to him by her waist. Y/n didnt like Mephisto's teasing tone, always knowing more than hes leading on.

She looked at Amaimon, who looked to be in a defensive stance as if he was trying to keep her away from Mephisto. Y/n slightly rolled her eyes and sighed,

"With all due respect, you said there was a complaint?"

"Yes, it seems one of my teachers couldn't get into their classroom. He reported that the door was locked and the windows and blinds were sealed shut, and I quote 'almost like magic.' Would you know anything about that?"

"We can explain"

"No need, just try to control yourselves in my school. I have a pristine reputation to uphold, you know," Mephisto said in his most illustrious voice. "Now, the school day is practically over, no point in going to class. Though I expect to see you two in exorcist cram school later. However, if the two of you find yourselves caught up with something, I'm sure your teachers and classmates wont mind,"

"We'll be there," Y/n interjected, not wanting the elder demon king to continue.

With a little over an hour left until cram school, Y/n grabbed Amaimon's hand and rushed him home.

"Why the rush, Y/n?" Amaimon asked curiously and tenderly.

"I'm sorry, I just didnt want to stay in mephistos office any longer," Y/n let out a soft breathy laugh and let go of Amaimon's hand.

Swiftly, Amaimon reached out and grabbed her wrist, once again holding hands. Y/n glanced down at their intertwined hands and smiled.

"Its a nice day outside," Y/n said looking up at the sky, slightly tugging at their held hands. He hummed in agreement, though only half paying attention. Y/n could tell something else was on his mind. "Wanna go for a walk?"

"Arent we walking right now?" Amaimon questioned, confused and oblivious, his head slightly tilted.

"Silly, I mean in the park or something?"

"Sure,"

"And since it's a nice day, how about we bring the hobgoblins?"

"I was thinking we do something just the two of us,"  Amaimon spoke up, a lightbulb going off in his head.  He picked Y/n up holding her bridal style, she instinctively wrapped her arms around him.  "Hold on tight, and it might be better to close your eyes,"

"Where are you taking me?" Y/n followed his suggestion and closed her eyes as well as any distance between them, holding him closer to her.

"Its a surprise."

Amaimon jumped in the air, leaping from tree to tree. As Y/n felt the wind in her air, she nuzzled her face in the crook of his neck.

It took a little while but neither of them minded the distance as it meant more time being held up close to each other in the meantime.

Once Amaimon reached his destination, he put Y/n down, still holding on to her by her waist. "You can open your eyes now, what do you think?"

She opened her eyes and slowly took in the scenery that stood before her.  Trees, mountains, a small river. It was peaceful and full of beautiful animals and vibrant flowers.

"Breathtaking, it's so beautiful," Y/n couldn't find the words to describe how she was feeling at the sight. She turned around to face Amaimon whose expression was so clearly full of complete and utter love.

"I had a feeling you would like this spot.  I found it on my first trip to earth. Since then it's been my little secret place I like to go to think,"  His hands found hers and he brought them up to his chest. "You're the first person I've ever brought here.  I trust you..."

"Amaimon I-" Y/n was at a lost for words. She never would've thought that she, an ordinary human girl, would be able to bring a renowned demon king to such a vulnerable state. 

"I love you, Y/n"