Chapter Six : Meisters?

With a puff of impossibly purple smoke, the two were in his office. They both were sitting down and Y/n was still trying to wrap her brain about how one second she was in the halls, and the next second she was in his office.

“So, tell me about yourself.” Mephisto said, curiously.
“What do you want to know?”
“Tell me something I don’t know.”
“What do you know?”
“Everything.”
“What do you mean, everything?”
“What I said, I know everything about your life, past present… and future”
“Then what do you want to know about me?”
“Tell me something that nobody knows about.”
“I’m not sure what you want me to tell you. I’m pretty much an open book.”
“I don’t believe that, there’s something about you. Of course! You probably don’t know it yourself”
“Know what?”
“Nothing you need to worry your pretty head about now.”
“Hey! If it has something to do with me, I have a right to know.” Y/n stood up for herself, or tried at least.
“Do you have a problem with something?” Mephisto sounded threatening, which made Y/n realize that it was just her and a demon and that he could kill her in an instant. But he wouldn’t do that, right?
“Anywho, allow me to pick your brain for a second”
“Okay.” Y/n complied and Mephisto sat next to her. Despite having a threatening aura just seconds ago, y/n felt safe with the weird, purple-haired demon king.

“First question, do you know what that mark on your neck is, or what gave it to you?” Mephisto asked and Y/n shook her head.
“Nah-uh”
“Interesting, when did it first appear?”
“Umm, just a couple of days ago.”
“Did you notice anything strange?”
“Well, now that I think about it, after it appears, I was able to see demons. Do you think it’s some sort of temp-taint?”
“Something like that. Tell me, what do you know about demons?”
“Not much. I’m not really fit to be an exorcist, I don’t know anything about demons or exorcist.”
“If you want, I could teach you a thing or two.” Mephisto said with a prideful glee.

Mephisto told her the basics of demons and also taught her what the teachers were teaching that day. Of course he was able to tell it much more interestingly than the boring teachers could. Somehow, he made learning fun. He would tell stories and made her laugh with his goofiness.
By some miracle, she actually understood what he was saying and for the first time, she was looking forward to going to the cram school.

“Okay, the next thing you need to know is the meisters.”
“What’s that?”
“Blah blah blah, it’s basically what branch of exorcist you are. There’s dragoon, people who fight with heavy weapons and guns and stuff, knights who fight with swords, arias who site scripture like they’re in Sunday school. There’s doctors, people who help the injured and then there’s tamers, people who, you guessed it, tame demons to help fight.”
“Which one would I be?”
“That’s up to you. What do you want to do?”
“Well, I don’t want to fight or harm anyone,” she didn’t specify that she didn’t want to harm demons, but Mephisto could read in between the lines and he put on a knowingly smirk, “so maybe I’d do best in the doctor branch”
“I agree, but I have a feeling you’ll excel as a tamer. Why not do both?”
“Really?”
“Yeah, it could be helpful to have a demon there to protect you when you need it, even if you don’t intend to fight.”
“Alright, I’ll try it out” y/n decided that she would take his advice, besides, it might be fun to have a little friend around.

“Good, now look at how time flies. It’s getting late, you should head back to your dorm.”
“Yeah, you’re right. Thanks for today, Mephisto,” Y/n smiled as she stood up to leave.
“The pleasures all mine, feel free to visit any time,” Mephisto followed her to the door. As she was about to leave, she turned around, stood on her tiptoes and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Before he had time to react, y/n turned back to her to get dorm room.
“Bye Mephy!” without turning around, she waved and said goodbye.

“What an interesting young girl”

AN:
I apologize if Mephisto is a little OOC, this scene needed to happen in order for the story to progress.