Chapter Eleven : What Do You Mean?

The next day carried on like usual. In the morning, Y/n and the twins ate breakfast and then went to class. Walking to True Cross, she held Rin’s hand and kept making sure he was alright. Rin’s wounds have healed quickly due to his miraculous demon powers but he wasn’t complaining about the attention she was giving them. Yukio, however, was getting annoyed.

“Are you sure you’re okay, Rin?” Y/n asked worriedly before going into her classroom.
“Yeah,” Rin replied but Yukio interrupted him.
“Y/n, you better get to class before you’re late. I’ll make sure he doesn’t injure himself on the way to class.” Yukio said, hitting Rin roughly on the back making Rin try to hold in a groan of pain.
“If you say so, bye guys!” Y/n parted ways with Yukio and Rin and went to her class.
She went to the back of the class and took a seat in the corner. This was her favorite class, but it doesn’t mean she wanted to sit in the front.
She repeated this will all of her classes, sitting in the back quietly doing her work.

On her way to the cram school, she forgets about the new girl until she walks in the class and sees the spot next to Rin taken. Once again she goes to the back of the classroom and waits for the teacher to come and start class.
While she was waiting for the teacher who was now late, she leans back in her chair and looks at the ceiling in boredom. When she did, her eyes spotted something moving out of view.
She sits back normally and blinks her eyes. I could’ve sworn I saw something green just now.

“Y/n,” Yukio walks in 2 minutes late which was very unlike him. “The director would like to speak to you.”
Y/n groans and pulls her book bag over causing a muffled thud when the heavy bag landed on her back.  First, he wants me to go to class to learn and be an exorcist, well more like forced me too, and now he pulls me out of class? He needs to make up his mind. She walks to Mephisto’s office and opens the door without bothering to knock.

“Y/n! So nice if you to join us!” Mephisto said with glee. Us?
She looks around the room and spots a familiar man with a weird outfit and green hair.
“You! What are you doing here!” She yells
“Calm down Ms. Y/n, why don’t you have a seat?” She complies with a ‘hmpf’ as she plops down into a chair in front of his desk. “Amaimon, you too.”
Amaimon sits down in the chair closest to Y/n and doesn’t take his eyes off of her, making her slightly uncomfortable.
“I sincerely apologize for my brother’s behavior yesterday.”
“Brother?” Y/n inquires.
“Yes. He is Amaimon, demon king of Earth,” he said bluntly. “Now, do you have any idea why I called you here?”
“No, sir.”
“Would you like to take a guess?”
“Umm, because you’re obsessed with me and can’t get enough of my presence?” Y/n says sarcastically.
“Actually, you’re spot on.” Mephisto deadpanned
“What?”
“With the exception that it is my brother over here who has the obsession, of course.” He says as if it’s obvious.
“Um, I’m still not getting this, can you clarify that a little bit?” Mephisto sighed and leaned in closer to her.
“Well, my brother has seemed to take an interest in you. You see, he is a demon and that mark on your neck means you’ve been claimed by one.”
“My... mark? What are you getting at?”
“It’s simple, You,” Mephisto pointed at Y/n and then Amaimon. “and him, are mates! Isn’t that just wonderful?”
“W-wha-What do you mean ‘mates’?” Mephisto sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose and she could tell she was annoying him with all of her questions but he continued to answer them.

“Simply put, you two are now connected together till the end of time. Think of it as a demonic marriage that can’t be undone or broken.”  Y/n was at a loss for words so Mephisto took it as an opportunity to spring his new plan. “In order to prevent another outbreak like yesterday, I’ve made arrangements for you two to be together even when you’re at school.”
“How?” Y/n asked, not wanted to look at her demon mate who was looking eagerly at her for attention which she did not give.
“Well, Amaimon can transform into a hamster and can fit in your bag. As long as you give him candy, he’ll be fine. Then he can keep an eye on you and not bother me with questions about how you’re doing,” Mephisto shot daggers with his eyes towards his younger brother. “And I’ve already told Yukio that he will be staying at the dorms with you three, but I didn’t tell him why. It’s up to you to decide if you want to blab about being mated with a demon. But, seeing as you're so keen to hide your mark, I doubt you’d want to.”

Y/n suddenly felt guilty about hiding her mark. It was then that she glanced at Amaimon who was staring sadly at her mark that was covered up with layers of makeup.