Chapter Fifteen : What's Going On?

Over the next few weeks, they developed their schedule and it carried on normally.

She’d get up, get ready, and eat breakfast. Amaimon would go to school with her in her pocket and stay hidden. They’d talk and hang out. She’d go to cram school and he’d do whatever (he was secretive and didn’t tell Y/n, nor did she want to know what he did in his free time). After cram, she’d walk home with Rin and Yukio and then hang out with Amaimon in her room. They’d do whatever they felt like; most of the time they’d play video games, play with behemoth and other demons she’d make friends with, or they’d talk to (more like annoy) Mephisto. During this time, they grew quite close and was practically inseparable, apart from when she went to cram school, anyways.

Their perfect schedule of hanging out while keeping the relationship a secret was ruined by Rin when he made an innocent decision.

Y/n was taking a shower and that left Amaimon alone in her room, laying in her bed.

*knock knock*

He heard knocking and without a second for Amaimon to register what was about to happen, Rin opened her door.
“Y/n?” He wanted to talk to her about something, a topic Rin forgot when his attention was now focused on the familiar demon that nearly killed him 3 weeks prior. He instinctively drew out his sword and pointed it towards Amaimon’s neck. “What are you doing here?” His voice laced with venom.
“That’s none of your business, little brother,” Amaimon replied with his usual playful yet teasing tone as he sat up from Y/n’s bed.  Next thing they registered was Yukio coming in, curious about the commotion.
“What’s going on?”
“That’s what I want to know,” Rin said towards his brother. Yukio processed what had happened, though he was still wondering why they were both in Y/n’s room of all places.
“Did Mephisto not tell you?” Yukio asked.
“Tell me what?” Rin demanded an answer. But before Yukio could reply, Y/n walked in wearing a slightly wet tank top that clung to her body, loose short shorts and a towel wrapped around her hair, obvious that she just stepped out of the shower.

She sighed as she saw the three boys in her room and panicked. Partly because she was in a less than decent state but mainly because Rin was confronting Amaimon. She tried to subtly push Amaimon out, but he was being stubborn and refused.
She knew she couldn’t deny the confrontation she was faced with.

“Amaimon? Can I talk to Rin alone?” She could tell he didn’t like the situation. And he definitely did not like the thought of Rin being with her without him there. But he trusted Y/n and he left. Yukio also thought it’d be best to leave, even though he wanted more answers as well. “Rin, I can explain” she sat Rin down on her bed and Rin noticed the mark on her neck that she hadn't covered up.
“What’s that?” He said, pointing to it.
“It’s what I need to explain”
“Okay, then say it.”  She took a deep breath, trying to settle her nerves.

“Well, How can a put it?” She looked around her room as if it could give her the answers. “Amaimon is kind of… my mate.”
“What?!” Rin didn’t understand what she was saying.
“Not kind of, he is. He marked me and now I’m his mate.” She said, putting her hand over her mark, shyly.
“That’s… that’s…” Rin was at a lost for words.
“I know, it’s a lot to take in. I’m sorry for keeping it from you.”
“No, it’s fine. I understand.” Rin lied but she saw through it.
“You know you’re my best friend in the world, right?” Rin stayed silent, looking only at the wall, not wanting to look at Y/n. “I didn’t mean to hurt you. I haven’t told anybody.”
“Really?” Rin finally looked up at her.
“Yes, really.” Y/n pulled Rin up into a hug. After a few seconds of their embrace, Rin left her room and went into his.

She headed to bed, for the first time in a long time, alone. By the time Y/n fell asleep, Amaimon still hadn't returned.