Chapter Fourteen : Where's Amaimon?

The next morning, Y/n woke up and the first thing she noticed was the lack of warmth next to her. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, trying to wake up. Where’s Amaimon? She looked around the room for any clue as to where he went.
She did not find anything, but she did notice that her room was clean again. She was a mixture of surprised and confused. She stood up from her bed and her eyes landed on a single red lollipop on her desk, and then something clicked. Did Amaimon clean the mess? Y/n was touched. Normally someone cleaning your room isn’t exactly romantic, but she was touched at the fact that a cold, heartless demon king like Amaimon cared enough to fix what had made her upset.

She then started to get ready for school. She brushed her teeth and her hair and then put on some makeup. She didn’t put that much on, maybe a little mascara, but she put some foundation on her mark, something that was routine. She buttoned up the shirt of her school uniform and then pulled on a boys uniform pants. She had enough decency and common sense to know the skirts were too short for her.
After she was ready, she headed downstairs to eat breakfast. On her way down, she saw Rin and Yukio eating at the table.

“Good morning, boys!” Y/n greeted cheerfully.
“Good morning, Y/n,” Yukio replied formally as always.
“G‘morning N/n” Rin replied and Y/n sat down beside him, seeing her fresh breakfast ready for her.
“So,” Y/n spoke in between her bites, “how are you feeling?”
“I’m doing well, my wounds are all healed up!” To give her proof of his healed injuries, he lifted his shirt up to show her. Y/n could practically feel the glare Amaimon would be giving off if he were here. Wait, is he watching?  Y/n looked around the room to see if a certain green-headed demon was stalking her.

“Is something wrong?” Rin asks, worriedly.
“No, nothing.” She responds immediately, trying to clear suspicion but ends up causing more.
“Are you sure?” Yukio inquires.
“Yeah, yeah. Nothing’s wrong!” She grinned and stood up, done with her breakfast. She gets up from the table and grabs her bag to go to school, wondering where Amaimon was.
“Wait,” Rin got up as well and grabbed his book bag quickly. “We’ll walk with you.”

Y/n walked to school in the middle of Rin and Yukio. They were getting slightly worried that Y/n wasn’t talking much on the way.

“Are you sure that nothing's wrong, Y/n?” Yukio asked again.
“Yeah, you’re acting strange,” Rin added, clearly concerned.
“Don’t worry about me. I’ve just been a little distracted, is all.”
“If you say so.”

They soon split up as they headed towards their classes. Y/n had been distracted. Her mind couldn’t help but wonder about Amaimon.
Just as she was about to open the door to enter the classroom, she felt a hand grab her. Immediately, her reflexes took over and she turned around to slap whoever grabbed her, but her wrist was caught before impact. She was furious but within a second, her brain processed who was in front of her.

“Amaimon? What are you doing here? Where were you this morning?” She whisper-yelled.
“Were you worried about me?”
“Pssh, no. Don’t flatter yourself.” She turned away and crossed her arms, a slight blush taking over her cheeks. Amaimon turned into his hamster form and jumped on to her hands before jumping on her shoulder. He stood on her shoulder, putting his small rodent paw on her neck. “Stop it, that tickles!” She said, giggling. “Just get in my bag.” She opened up her bag for him to get in but he did not. Instead, he crawled into her pant pocket. Y/n sighed and then grabbed a couple of pieces of candy and shoved it in the pocket for Amaimon.

She walked into her class and sat in her seat. Through the teacher’s instructions, when she wasn’t taking notes, she would put her hand in her pocket and let Amaimon. It was surprisingly calming for her to run her fingers through the fur and it strangely made her happy. It was a surprise to Amaimon as well when he caught himself purring, enjoying the attention.
This continued for the whole day during school.

When she had a break between the normal day school and cram school, she and Amaimon hung out at a park. The didn’t talk much, but instead were just enjoying each other’s presence.

Before she had to go to the class, she told Amaimon it’d be best if he didn’t go with her. She thought it wouldn’t be a good idea, even if he was a hamster. The cram school wasn’t like her normal classes. For the most part, she would be more active so he wouldn’t be able to stay in her pocket. And even if he stayed in her bag, she wouldn’t be right by it at all times. There wasn’t really a point for him staying.
She wouldn’t admit it, but she was indeed worried for him. She didn’t want any of the exorcist seeing him and hurt him. She knew that he was tough, hell, he’s a demon king, and that he’d be able to take them all out without breaking a sweat, but that didn’t stop her from worrying.
Even though Amaimon disagreed, he didn’t argue with her decision. But that wouldn’t keep him from keeping an eye on her.

I tried to make this a little bit more lovey-dovey but I had a hard time not cringing, but I hope you enjoyed it anyways ;P