Chapter Twelve : Why Me?

After Y/n finished her cram classes for the day, she headed home. She told Rin and Yukio to go without her because she didn't want them to see her with Amaimon. Amaimon was following Y/n and didn't say a thing. The two were walking in silence, one that Amaimon didn't notice was awkward.

"So, Amaimon," Y/n tried to make conversation. "Why did you mark me?" Amaimon still didn't respond but she didn't give up on trying to have a conversation with him. "I mean, it's kind of strange. You know, you're the demon king of earth, I'm just an average human. I didn't even know demons existed before a week ago. Out of everybody in the world, why me?" Amaimon still didn't talk and him just following her 5 feet apart was starting to annoy her. "If you're not going to talk, why don't we hold hands? That way you're not just silently walking behind me. It's kind of awkward. Not to mention creepy."

Amaimon did as she said. He walked up to her right side and slid his hand into hers. Y/n blushed as she looked down and saw how he gently held her hand as if it was a delicate flower. I'm not a delicate flower, I'm a cactus! Hmpf.
They continued to walk to the dorm but Amaimon abruptly stopped 5 minutes away. He brought his free hand up to cup Y/n's face.
"W-What are you doi-?" Y/n was cut off by Amaimon leaning closer and putting his lips on hers, leaving her breathless. The kiss was soft and gentle. It was an innocent kiss but it sent sparks to fly throughout her body.
"You're not average. There's something about you, I can't quite put it," he pulled away slightly and their foreheads were touching before he took a step back and he left. "I'll see you inside"

Y/n blushed for the umpteenth time at the loss of contact. What is happening to me?
She walked the rest of the way to her room with a hand that now felt cold without being held by her mate. I have a freaking mate, that's crazy!

"What took you so long?" Rin asked curiously as she passed him in the hallway.
"Oh, I was, um, caught up by something."
"By what?"
"I saw a small animal and I got distracted." Y/n half lied. She had got distracted and technically Amaimon was a small animal at one point in time.
"Oh, okay."
"Well, Anyways, If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go to my room."

Y/n went into her room and the first thing she decided to do was take a shower. It was only 7 o'clock so she decided to take her time. She washed her hair and body while reflecting on everything that happened the past few days and how much her life has changed. Not only did she discover that demons existed, she was mated to one! She now attended a school full of exorcist that was run by the demon king of time. To top it all off, the sons of satan were right next door. Wait, I kissed the son of satan... and the demon king of earth. What the heck?
If someone would've told her this was going to be her life a month prior, she would've thought they were crazy. Sure, she had an open mind about that sort of thing, but she would've never believed it had anything to do with her. Or that she'd be in the middle of it.

She stepped out of the shower and looked in the mirror. Her eyes were immediately drawn to the mark on her neck. She never looked at it, not really. Sure, when it first appeared she wondered where it came from. And she'd glance at it when she had to put makeup on it, but she never really looked at it. At the light pink that scared her skin. The slight outline of a bite that blended into the light hickey-like mark.
The more she looked at it, the more she couldn't look away.

This is my mark. The one Amaimon left.

The brought her fingers to the soft skin. She traced the outline and goosebumps littered her skin. She thought about how it appeared, about who made it appear. She thought about what must've happened while she was asleep. About him parting his lips and putting them on her neck. His teeth sinking in her skin. Did it hurt?

She thought about how it must've felt. She was asleep but she remembers that her neck was sore the morning after. She was glad that she didn't have to feel it, but part of her wishes she had. That she had felt the moment she was his, and he was hers. A part of her wishes she could've felt his teeth biting into her.
She never thought about these things before. Normally someone biting you isn't on the to-do list, but Y/n wanted nothing more than to relive that moment with Amaimon.
That's when she realized, it wasn't the bite or the mark itself she was fawning over, it was Amaimon.

I don't know what the heck I was doing with this chapter, but enjoy!