Chapter Three: Why?

*time skip to Rin and Y/n’s first day because I’m lazy*
*basically what happened in between chapters: Y/n met Yukio, Rin and Y/n were shocked that the clown man was the school headmaster AND a demon. Y/n was shown her dorm (she has room to herself)*

Y/n made a quick stop to her dorm after her classes before the cram school started. She looked in her mirror and saw she had to reapply her makeup on her neck. This is annoying, when is it going to go away?

She made her way to the cram classroom. She used a key that Mephisto had given her to get there quicker. She didn’t know how to feel. Y/n was nervous and excited at the same time. She didn’t know much about exorcist or demons, plus she didn’t know if she’d fit in. During the small amount of time that she could see demons, she learned she could talk to them too and she understood them. The demons were her friends, and she didn’t want to hurt them, much less kill them.

When she walked in, she wasn’t expecting to see a familiar face in the front of the class. Yukio, Rin’s younger twin, was the instructor. Y/n looked at Rin and could tell he was shocked too. But beyond that, his face almost held betrayal.

Soon the class had to be excused and it was just Rin and Yukio, and whatever they were doing lasted a long time. Y/n took this opportunity to get to know some of the students.

“Hey, I’m Y/n, what're your names?” She said to the group of 3 boys. The shortest one was the first to speak.
“Nice to meet you, Y/n. My name’s Konekomaru, this is Shima and Suguro.”
“Hi, so why do you want to be an exorcist?” The pinkie boy asked.
“Shima! You can’t just ask someone that” the two-toned rooster said to Shima.
“Why not?”
“Because it’s personal, you can’t just ask a stranger about their personal life”
Y/n just stood there, not wanting to interrupt their conversation.
“All I wanna know is why a pretty lady like you would want to risk her life to kill demons” Shima returned his focus of the conversation to Y/n.

“Well, actually, I don’t want to kill demons” she answered and they looked at her with shock plastered all over their faces. Before they could question her about it, Yuk- sorry, Mr. Okumura called them back into class.
When they walked into class, the first thing they noticed was the room that looked post-apocalyptic. Y/n looked at Rin as if to ask what happened, to which he responded with a guilty yet goofy smile, knowing he would eventually tell her after class.

“Take your seats,” the four-eyed mole face told the class, who did as they were told.

As Yukio continued the lesson, the only thing on Y/n’s mind was what Strawberry-head said earlier

Why do I want to be an exorcist?