Chapter Five : Jealous?

The next day was very boring for Y/n. Her classes were boring, the teachers were boring, the people were boring.
boring BORING BORING.
The only thing she was looking forward to was being able to crawl in her super comfortable bed with a ton of pillows and blankets covering her in a comfy burrito.
On the plus side, she had to go to cram school next and she'd be able to talk to Rin.

When she opened the door, the first thing she noticed was a girl with short blonde hair sitting next to Rin. For some reason, this made the butterflies in her stomach drop dead like a plague. I'm not jealous, I can't be. I'll prove it.
"Hey, I'm Y/n, what's your name?" Y/n walked up to the girl in the dress.
"I'm Shiemi, it's nice to meet you." She said in a sweet voice. Ok, maybe I'm a little jealous. He was my friend first!

Y/n took a seat along the wall and leaned against it. So boring. She put her elbow on her desk and was resting her hand on her palm. She was so bored, she wasn't paying attention to any of her classmates. She didn't even notice Rin and Bon arguing about something. She was just there. Just existing. She sighed and decided to get up and leave.
In a quick, swift motion, she grabbed her book bag and swung it around to put it on her back. She sneaked out into the hallway without making a sound.
The teacher was talking and trying to break up the fight between the two knuckleheads, he didn't even notice her leave. Nobody noticed, nobody except a certain demon king lurking in the halls.

"Why aren't you in class, Y/n" Y/n jumped at the sudden sound in the previous quiet and empty hallway. She turned around and sighed in relief as it was just the purple-haired giant that she slightly grew fond of, though she'd never admit it.
"Jeez! Mephisto, don't sneak up on me like that!" Mephisto backed away with a playful smirk on his face as he put up his hand in surrender. "I got bored so decided to leave."
"You are aware that's not how school works, right?"
"Well, if you'd like to expel me, go ahead. Last time I checked, I didn't want to stay in this school anyways."
"Touché, Ms. L/n," Mephisto seemed amused by her response, he then asked another question. "How did you leave the class without the teacher knowing?"
"Because I'm a ninja, how else?" She was joking around before deciding to tell the serious answer. "He was distracted by Rin and Bon arguing about whatever."
"Hmm," Mephisto hummed, seemingly in thought. By the mischievous smirk forming, Y/n didn't like whatever he was planning. "Normally, I'd have to punish you for skipping class, but I'll let it slide just this once. Instead, how about we hang out for the rest of the day?"
"Somehow I think that's going to end up worse than punishment." Y/n mumbled but she knew he heard her by the way he gleamed with pride.

"Shall we go?" Mephisto offered her his arm which she signed and took. "Eins, zwei, drei,"