Chapter One : Demons?

She chases after the dark blue haired boy who was chasing after the cute little creature that had a scarf. She watches from a distance as they make a mess everywhere they go. Eventually, he got the scarf but the creature got away.

“Hey,” She yelled as she walked towards him “you can see them too?”
“Umm, Yeah,” He said awkwardly as he put his hand behind his neck “I don’t know why or what they are, though”
“Me neither. I just woke up and could see them”
“Maybe we can exchange numbers and if one of us finds out, we tell the other?” The boy suggested.
“Sure! By the way, what’s your name?”
“My name’s Rin Okumura, yours?”
“Y/n L/n,” She said as they swapped phones and entered each other’s number. “Well it was nice to meet you, I gotta go”
“Nice to meet you too, let’s talk later, yeah?”
“Yeah” She agreed as they walked away from each other.

That night, she receives a phone call from her new friend and she answers it.
“Hello?” She asked but didn’t hear anything but someone crying on the other line, “Are you okay? What happened?”
“I’m sorry,” he tried to stop his tears. “Can you meet me at the Southern Cross Monastery?” After he hung up, she reapplied makeup over the mark on her neck and rushed out of the house.
She arrived at the monastery and saw Rin waiting for her outside. She ran up to him and hugged him.
After they parted, he tried to put on his biggest smile, but she knew it was fake.
“Do you want to talk inside?”

They walked inside and sat down at the table.
“What did you want to tell me?” Y/n asked, breaking the silence.
“I figured out what those creatures were”
“You did?”
“Yeah, demons,”
“What? Demons? Then why can we see them?”
“Because I’m-” he stopped for a second and then continued “I’m not sure”
They were talking about the things they could see, the demons. They also got to know each other and he told her about his father dying when she asked why he was crying earlier. This resulted in her giving him a hug. He tried to resist, but he couldn’t deny that it felt nice to be comforted.
When it was time for her to go, he stopped her to ask her a final question for the night.

“What do you think about the demons?”
“What do you mean”
“Do you think they’re as bad as people make them out to be? As evil?”
“Hmm, well it’s still new to me, but so far I don’t think they’re that bad. I mean, I’ve always had a connection with natures and animals, and this is just something more I can bond with. Just walking to school this morning, they all were so nice and friendly, I think they even were saying hello in their own way.” She took a breath, realizing she was rambling. “As far as if they are evil? I don’t know, I would like to hope not. There’s good and bad in everything, I don’t believe that they’re evil. Maybe a few, but not all. Besides, I think humans over exaggerate the things they don’t understand. The only way to know for sure is to find out ourselves,” she finished with a smile.
Y/n’s smile was so big and bright that Rin couldn’t help but grin as well.

They said their goodbyes and good nights and y/n gave Rin a kiss on the cheek. Needless to say, Rin went to bed with a huge smile on his blushing face.