Chapter Eight : How?

Earlier with a certain purple haired demon~

“Big brother?”
“Yes, Amaimon?” Mephisto responded, annoyed.
“Why was little brother with that girl earlier?” he asked out of curiosity with a hidden tint of jealousy.
“Oh, you mean Y/n?” To the untrained eye, Amaimon nodded with a look of boredom on his face, but Mephisto knew better. He could tell Amaimon was trying to hide something.  “Well, I imagine they were hanging out because they live in the same dorm. But they have gotten closer recently, haven’t they?”
“She’s staying in the dorm, why’s that?” Amaimon was trying really hard to look uninterested.
“Because she’s a new exorcist at True Cross, of course. I recruited her myself.”
“Why?” At this, is uninterested facade dropped.
“You see, when I bumped into her after meeting Rin, I saw something interesting,” Mephisto stood up and walked towards Amaimon. “It was raining and I happened to see that she had this strange mark on her neck. A demon’s mate mark. Would you know anything about that?”
“No, why would I mark a human like her?” Amaimon tried to deny.
“Don’t lie, I know it was yours. I can smell your scent on her. Besides, who said anything about you marking her.”
“Okay, Okay, Yes, I… marked her.”
“That wasn’t so hard, now, was it?” After he was satisfied with teasing Amaimon, he returned to be serious. “How did you mark her without her knowing anything about it or anything about you?”
“I kind of… markered her while she was sleeping.”
“What?! Amaimon! What is wrong with you?” Mephisto slapped Amaimon on the back of his head.
“I don’t know, I wasn’t thinking. I was just so drawn to her, I didn’t even realize I marked her until it was too late.”
“Well, when are you going to tell her?”
“I hadn’t really thought of that.”
“Well, go do it now. It’ll be dark soon, so hurry.” With that, Amaimon jumped out of the window and headed to the dorm to find Y/n.  He looked through her window and was about to knock on it to come in but was met with a heart-shattering scene.
Y/n kissing Rin.

He wanted to look away but couldn’t. He was too heartbroken to leave, so he just watched as they got up and Rin left her room.

You’ll pay for this, little brother. You’ll pay for touching what’s mine.

A/n- oh my gosh I just saw that this story has 300+ views, thank you guys so much! I remember when just 10 views was a dream for me.
But also I apologize for the long wait for a chapter, and it is a short one too.
But hopefully, the next chapter will be worth it!