Chapter Nine : Whats Going On?

You'll pay for this, little brother. You’ll pay for touching what’s mine.

After Amaimon left Y/n’s dorm, he went to his private hideout and began to be swallowed in a mix between jealousy, rage, and sadness. He was jealous that someone else was kissing his mate. He was mad that she kissed someone who wasn’t him. But he knew he couldn’t blame her for that. She didn’t know. He was mainly sad. Sad that he didn’t get to her first. Sad that there was a possibility of her being stolen from him. Amaimon couldn’t let that happen. He would kill Rin if he tried that. He would kill Rin. He’d do whatever it takes to make Y/n his.
So he planned and plotted. Tomorrow, he would defeat Rin or die trying.

Back at the dorm with Y/n

The next morning, Y/n slept in. For whatever reason, Mephisto declared that the students of True Cross Academy didn’t have school that day. Not even the cram school students had classes. What’s going on?

When she did wake up, she went straight to the kitchen and a bowl of her favorite cereal was waiting on the table for her. She took a bite and was surprised that it was even more delicious than she remembered. And it wasn’t soggy from sitting in the milk so obviously it was freshly poured.
“Thank you, Ukobach” after her breakfast she went to Rin’s room to talk to him about what happened the day prior.
She knocked on the door and was greeted by Yukio.

“Hello, Y/n. What do you need?”
“Hey, Yukio, I was wondering if I could talk to Rin?”
“He’s not here right now. Would you like to come in?”
“No, no, I'm fine. I’m probably going to go to the park or something. Do you know when he’ll be back?” Yukio thought for a second before replying.
“I’m not sure. Now that I think about it, I didn’t see him this morning. He didn’t leave a note or anything either. But I wouldn’t worry about him.”
“Okay, well thanks anyways. I’ll see you later!”

Y/n went outside and took a stroll. Along the way, she interacted with small animals and demons alike. She got to a small park and sat on a bench.
She loved days like this. Quiet, peaceful days where she can be emerged in nature. She can relax and feel the cool breeze. Y/n closed her eyes and listened to all of the sounds of nature. The leaves rustling, the birds singing, the sound of a river nearby. She just loved it.

Suddenly she was pulled out of her nature-induced trance by an alluring smell. It was a fresh smell, almost like fresh grass on a dewy spring morning. I didn’t even know that had a smell. Despite being outside, there was something special and different about the smell. She tried to follow the smell and was surprised when it led her to, “Meppy Land…  what in the world…?”

She heard a crash from inside the amusement park and instinctively ran straight in, the alluring, fresh scent getting stronger with each stride towards the sound. She heard the sounds of metal clinging together and a blur of green and blue.
It took her a minute for her brain to process what was happening.

There were two people fighting. One with green hair and the other guy was engulfed in blue flames.  As much as the blue flames caught her attention, the main thing she could focus on was the man with green hair. For some reason, when she looked at him, she could feel butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

She got closer, careful not to be seen. When she got a better view, she saw that the boy surrounded by flames was Rin.
Along with the blue flames, he also had a tail, pointy ears, and horns made of flames. He was a demon. And if those blue flames were a sign, he wasn’t an ordinary demon.
The next thing she saw was his flame dim and he fell to the ground, bloody and bruised. She had to do something. She didn’t know what, but she couldn’t do nothing. Without thinking, she stepped out and tried to gain the attention of the two.

“Stop!” She yelled, trying to intervene. She successfully stopped the two from fighting and they were now both looking at her. She stood protectively in front of Rin.
“Why do you do this, Y/n?” The man with the unique hair and outfit spoke. “Do you not see what he is?”
“He could be Satan himself and I wouldn’t care, he’s my friend!” Y/n yelled at him, defending him. She picks Rin up, puts his arm around her shoulders and walks away, leaving Amaimon to stay there while looking at her covered up mark.

“You don’t know anything about human emotions, do you?” Mephisto appears next to Amaimon, sighing and shaking his head.