Chapter Four : What?

Y/n was trying to think of the reason she wanted to become an exorcist. Sure, the only reason she’s in the cram school was because Mephisto insisted, but if she wasn’t 100% sure of becoming one, she would fail. She thought of demons. Did she really want to hurt them? To kill them? They seemed so friendly to her. She didn’t want to hurt them, it’d break her heart. I shouldn’t be an exorcist, I should talk to Mephisto about dropping out of cram school. I should drop out of True Cross all together, I don’t belong in this fancy school.  After the cram school class, she headed out the door to find Mephisto.

“Where are you going, Y/n?” Rin asked as he followed her in the opposite direction of the dorms.
“I’m going to find Mephisto, I need to talk to him about something”
“Okay, do you want me to help you find him?”
“Sure, thanks.” Y/n smiled nervously. She didn’t know how she was going to tell Rin she wanted to leave True Cross Academy. He was looking forward to being an exorcist, he was so excited. Not only that, but she’d probably not see him in a while if she left.
When they eventually found Mephisto’s office, Y/n nervously went to knock of the door. But right as her knuckles were about to touch the wood, it opened which scared Y/n a bit.
“Hello, Ms.L/n, it’s nice to see you again.” He said with a devilish grin.
“Well, I’m going to go, y/n,” Rin said as he subconsciously put his hand gently on her back before removing it, blushing at the close contact as he left. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“He’s not gonna like that” Mephisto quietly mumbled.
“What?”
“Nothing,” Mephisto said, his aura filled with mischief. “Would you like to come in?”
She nodded and he led her into his office.
“Have a seat,” Mephisto sat behind his desk while y/n took a seat in front of him. He put his feet on his desk, leaned back and put his hands together. “You needed to speak with me?”
“Yes, I, um, I’m not going to attend True Cross Academy anymore.”
“Why not?”
“I’ve decided that it isn’t a good fit for me and I-” she was trying to sound confident but Mephisto cut her off.
“Ms. L/n, can I call you Y/n?” She nodded. “Do you know why you are in this school?”
“No, sir. Why?”
“Come here,” she walked towards Mephisto and he pulled her down to sit sideways on his lap, which surprised Y/n. “You, y/n, are very special”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, I can’t give you all of the details, but let’s just say that you are very dear to someone close to me,” He said putting his hand on her neck, wiping off the makeup covering the mark. Y/n shivered as the demon’s fingers traced the revealed, sensitive mark. “So that makes you very dear to me. So until I say so, you’re under my protection and will stay here, is that understood?”
Mephisto spoke in a low, serious and threatening voice.
“Y-Yes, sir.”
“Good!” Mephisto said in a once again cheery voice as he sat up, making y/n stand as well. “Now, if it would make you feel more comfortable, you can stay at a different dorm, it’s more private.”
“No, that’s alri-” before she could reject, he snapped his fingers and suddenly they were at an abandoned dorm.
“This is where you’ll be staying, only two other people live here, I think you’ll find your stay… interesting, to say the least.”
“Wha-?” Y/n was so confused. Her attention was turned to the sound of footsteps approaching.
“Sir Pheles, What are you doing here?”
Yukio?
“Well, I figured I’d welcome the newest residence to this lovely abode.”
“What are you talking about?”
“Isn’t it obvious? Y/n is going to live with you and your brother from now on?”
“What?” Y/n spoke up, confused about the whole ordeal.
“Bye!” Mephisto left, leaving Yukio and Y/n there, confused and awkward.

“So…”
“So…”
“I guess I’ll show you to your new room?”
“Yeah, sure, I guess”

Yukio walked Y/n to an empty dorm room.
“Well, I guess you can stay here. Me and Rin are right next door”
“Okay, thanks for letting me know”
Y/n walked into the room, expecting it to be run down and dirty but was surprised when it had all of her stuff already set up.
She shut the door and a poof of purple smoke came from behind her. She turned around and jumped back when her face came within inches of the chest of the clown school director.

“What do you think, Y/n?”
“Um, what?”
“What do you think of your new room?”
“Uh, it’s nice, I haven’t really seen it for more than a second though.”
“Well, as headmaster of true cross, I took the responsibility of moving all of your belongings to your new dorm”
“Thanks, sir Pheles”
“Please, call me Mephisto.”
Y/n took a second to take in her new room. She sat on the big, comfy bed and her eyes landed on her dresser.

“So, Mephisto… when you were moving my belongings, you didn’t… uh, you didn’t see any of my… clothes, did you?” She asked embarrassed.
“What, you mean like this?” He said, dangling a pair of lace underwear, which she snatched immediately.
“How the…?” She should’ve been mad that he had seen and was messing with her intimacies, but she was more curious about how he got it. The pink lace panty that he was holding was one that she bought in the spur of the moment. She didn’t even bring it to true cross, she kept it at her house.
“Well, if that’s all, I’ll leave you to it” Mephisto left before she could say anything.

Y/n put her underwear up, she tried to hide it in the bottom of her underwear drawer. She went back to her new bed and out herself under the covers. It was barely dark, but she had a tiring day so she decided to go to sleep early.

As she was dozing off into oblivion, she couldn’t help but feel like she was being watched.