Chapter Thirteen : Love?

Y/n shook her head to clear her thoughts about the demon she had just met.
She put on her pajamas shorts and long sleeve shirt, brushed her teeth, and then went out of the bathroom back into her room.

“Hey, Y/n~”  Y/n jumped, frightened at someone being in her room.
“Hello, Amaimon, What are you doing here?”
“I told you I’d see you inside. Did you not believe me?”
“No, it’s not that. I just didn’t expect you to be right there as soon as I got out of the shower.”
“Well, I've been waiting for you for two hours. You took so long I had to keep myself entertained.” Y/n then looked around her room and noticed the condition it was in.
“Amai-” she couldn’t even continue what she was going to say because of the mess her room was in. Clothes were everywhere and her furniture was all torn up. “What the hell happened in here?”
“Behemoth and I were playing. Why, is something wrong?”
“Yes, my rooms a mess!” She was upset.
“I’m sorry, Y/n,” Amaimon was confused about why she was upset but was sad that she wasn’t happy. “I didn’t mean to…”
“It’s alright. It's getting late, so I'm going to bed,” Y/n walked to her bed and laid in it while Amaimon stood still, awkwardly standing. “Do you wanna stay the night?” He thought for a moment and then nodded. She smiled and then motioned for Amaimon to come closer. When he did, Y/n pulled him in the bed, much to his surprise.

Y/n pulled the covers over them as Amaimon slipped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer until her back was pressed firmly against his chest. He put his head in the crook of her neck, his nose nuzzling the mark he had made. He wouldn’t show it, but he felt pride, proud of who he chose, proud of his mark. He felt proud of his mate. She was strong and kind. She was beautiful and smart. She was perfect to him. He also felt a sense of pride seeing her mark uncovered.
He wished she would show it off to the world. But even being so clueless to human emotions, he knew not to push her to leave it uncovered. He would never be able to understand why, but he understood that it was her decision.

“Y/n,” Amaimon spoke, leaving Y/n to feel the heat and vibration lingering on her neck.
“Yes?”
“Why do you cover up the mark?” Y/n knew this was a serious question, so she turned around to face him, leaving only inches between their faces.
“It’s hard to explain, I don’t think you’d understand it.”
“Well then, make me understand it.”
“Hmm, let’s see if I can put it into words,” Y/n thought for a second and he had to practice every bit of restraint he had to remain patient as she tried to think. “It’s, for lack of better words, weird. Don’t take it the wrong way, but it’s not every day this happens to you. I don’t know what to do about it and I don’t exactly want everybody knowing I’m mated to a demon king just yet. Especially the exorcists. I don’t even want to begin to think how they’d react.”

“Are you ashamed of it?” He asked, but Y/n knew what he really was trying to ask.
“I’m not ashamed of being your mate. Even if I just found out earlier today, it has been the best thing to happen to me.”
“Really?”
“Yes, really. I’ve never felt this way towards anybody, and it’s nice. To have someone be there for you, to comfort you, to keep you warm at night. It’s really nice. To have somebody to love and to hold, it’s something I never really thought about, nor did I think about how badly I seem to need it until now.” At the end of her talking, she started laughing.

“Why are you laughing, what’s so funny?” Amaimon asked, confused.
“I just realized how cheesy that was.” When the laughter died down and silence remained, Y/n realized just how close the space was between her and Amaimon.  They looked into each other’s eyes, not one of them daring to break the intimate silence.
Amaimon brought his hand to her face and cupped her cheek. He leaned in and kissed her, to which she kissed back without hesitation. They kissed sweetly, them both smiling in the kiss until y/n pulled apart due to the need for oxygen.

Amaimon pulled her in, her head on his chest, and he kissed her forehead. Y/n soon fell asleep and unconsciously wrapped her arms around his waist, as if she was afraid to let go and it not be real. Subconsciously, Amaimon’s tail wrapped around her leg. He didn’t notice what he did until Y/n’s right leg came closer and was hooked around his.

Amaimon began to feel a flutter in his chest as he looked at his sleeping mate. He had never felt this before. Was it possibly….  love?

This was a little OOC, but oh well. I’ll try to make Amaimon as real to the show/manga as much as possible with the plot. I would also like to add that this is my interpretation of Amaimon to the story. Kind of that a person who isn’t familiar with human emotions but is curious and wants to understand. But also someone who is caring, but doesn’t know how to show it.