44.

Song: I love me - Demi Lovato

........................................

Hailey

I exited the office of Mrs Glennson with a frown, not knowing if I should be thrilled or worried about the news.

"Hey!" a sudden arm came over my shoulder and I looked up just in time to see Olly pouting. "What's with the sad face?"

I shrugged, walking down the hallway to my locker. "I just have a chat with Glennson and she hasn't been really nice."

"What?" his brows pursed, less mocking now and more concerned. "What did she say?"

"She said I'm getting lazy. And monotonous. That my writing no longer feels 'vibrant'." I rolled my eyes as we reached my locker and I pulled it open as Oliver leaned to the one by my side. "Un-thrilling she said." I struggled with the door, but it refused to open an it only fueled my anger all the more. "I mean, has it even occurred her that I'm bound to get monotonous when she confine me in one stupid section I hate for months."

"Okay, okay." he pulled me away from the stubborn thing before I tore it apart and instead opened it with a simple click. "Maybe you need a new point of view?"  I glared harder and he rose his hands. "Can you, maybe, not pay your frustration off on me? I'm actually not ready to die yet."

I scoffed. "Drama queen." but got to suppress a smile as I begin to empty my backpack. "Never mind. Maybe you're right... I need to focus on something new so it would stop feeling so repetitive."

"There you go." he smiled, straightening his back as if proud he'd suggested something useful and I sighed.

"It would be easier too if my partner didn't hate me, you know?"

"Hates you? Come on, Logan doesn't hate you." he pinched my cheek pouting and made a baby voice. "Who could hate such a cute little-"

"Olly." I snatched his hand away, narrowing my eyes as he just laughed. "I don't know how to take that, but yes, he hates me. The only reason he tolerates me is because -sometimes- I  get to do a decent work and because I am his closest bridge to Vickie if he ever man up enough to do something about that."

Oliver shook his head, pursing his brows together. "You're being way too blue right now it's messing with my mood. I don't like this bad energy... Aren't you, like, the cheerful one? You got a little criticism, well, boohoo, welcome to my life. She didn't say you're doing it wrong, just to not fall on the boring side of correct."

"How are you this positive? Aren't you usually the -how do you call it? Realistic one?"

"Well, yes, but if you are going to be like this." he gestured towards me. "I'm gonna have to act like this." now gestured towards himself. "So we don't fall out of balance. Now snap out your little trance Miss Cute-Frown and let me go back to being my true self."