47.

Song: Anyone - Justin Bieber

........................................

Hailey

"A recommendation letter?" Vickie grinned closing her locker and we headed towards the canteen, mixing with the rest of the student's tide. "That's good, right? It's what you wanted."

"Yes!" I beamed cheerfully, almost jumping as this excitement flowing through my veins like fire. "Now I can apply for Brown, Vickie. Brown! Ah, I'm so excited, you got no idea!"

"I can tell."

"I don't even care that I'm stuck with Logan." she grimaced and too late I realized who I was talking to. "Sorry."

"Never mind. But... is he really that bad?"

"Mhm.. no... He's kinda rude." I shrugged, not wanting to increase the growing resentment she was building up towards the reporter. Logan was a bit more than rude, he was insolent and bitchy. But I could tell from the guilty looks he'd been giving me during the meeting we just had with Mrs Gleenson that he too knew he crossed the line last week. I scurried out the class rushedly after she gave me the letter, but I think he was going to apologize if I hadn't.

"It doesn't sound like him." the red-haired pursed her lips as we reached the line to get our lunch. The buzzing of the canteen drowning our conversation and allowing us some kind of private halo in been speaking this matters out loud despites being in public. "I know you mentioned it before, but he just didn't seem like the type of person to be rude. More like a teddy bear."

I bet he does. So far the only person I'd seen him being rude to was me, so I guess I could understand her.

"Whatever. Has he talked to you? He keeps bothering me each time we cross paths."

"Not really." her eyes found instinctively the table at the side where the blond was sitting with a couple of his friends. "He keeps sending me mixed signals and it's getting on my nerves."

"Aw, is Fatoria getting emotional again?" just then Bear appeared at her other side pouting mockingly. "If you take my piece of advice, don't shelter yourself on food. " he grimaced making my blood boil. "After all, it's not love and you can't afford to gain more pounds."

"Shut up." I snapped as she burned red shaking in rage and glaring daggers back.

"And Gracie," he greeted as if I hadn't said anything, eying me up and down amusedly. "Is it true what I'd heard? They try and spike your drink? That's just so lame."

The weirdest sensation overpowered me, like paling and blushing at the same time and I get lightheaded at the reminder. This time it was Vickie who stepped in for me: "Why don't you mind your own business?"