45. Part Two

Song: I hope it haunts you - Citizen Soldier

........................................

Warning: sensitive content ahead that might be triggering. If you're uncomfortable, please skip otherwise read at your own risk

Hailey

"He's with Trish." I muttered, my chest deflating as I tore my gaze away, when she reached out flirty to cuddle and brushed his hair. I struggled a lot not to let it bother me; but it didn't suit me well that we got into a fight -or whatever that was- and next I saw him, he was with Trish -his perfect ex who's made it perfectly obvious she wanted him back. And he was letting her get flirty.

It stung my heart. How was I supposed to take that?

Kimberly looked over at them with a frown, but I refused to bring my gaze there again. I didn't want to see more of their touchy moment than what I already had.

"She's pathetic." Kimmy rolled her eyes turning back to the bar. "And Nate's a jerk, but what's new here? Why did you guys even fight about?"

The knot in my throat grew larger. There was no way I was telling her about out little dispute over her and Seth. "Something stupid... it wasn't supposed to escalate like that, but apparently we agreed to disagree."

She scoffed. "Whatever it was, I'm sure you'll get over it. You guys are too disgustingly cute."

"Don't you see what's going on over there?"

"Yep. He's already pushed her away."

"Really?" I gripped on the hem of the bar, fighting back the urge to turn around and see it for myself. Kimberly smirked knowingly at me, reading right through my pretend calmness.

"I'll be your eyes, don't worry."

I smiled back. There was something about Kimmy, this side she didn't let many people see where she was caring and this feeling of togetherness she help building... It was sad she didn't let it show out for everyone, but now that we'd officially admitted being friends and not just acquaintances it felt like she was more comfortable letting it show. We'd been together for the whole afternoon and she was so cool. Once you get pass the bitch phase, and the cold phase, and the I hate you phase; Kimmy was actually quite welcoming in her own way.

"Here." the barman stopped before us as we were having another fit of laugher, sliding one elegant cup towards Kimmy, one of those with a little umbrella and all. "From the gentleman over there."