52.

Song: Angels like you - Miley Cyrus

........................................

Hailey

I dragged my feet to the kitchen the next morning, my head pounding and the sleepless hours I spend tossing and turning in bed showing off in both my mood and my energy. Or better said, the lack of it.

My mother noticed at first sight, giving me a quick glance from the breakfast table after putting peace between another one of the twins quarrels. "Good morning."

"Morning." I smiled back, but it was so lame it didn't fool anyone.

"Ugh, that was lame even for you." frowned Shane munching on his cereal like a caveman. "You need to learn to lie better or you're gonna get in trouble when-"

"Shane." mom cut him with a sharp look and he shrugged, gulping the rest of his breakfast, but choked when Ted slapped the back of his head. His glare rose from the bowl, a drop of milk sliding down his chin.

"Dude." but his expression changed as he turned to our mother with a pout. "Mom, have you seen that?"

"Why don't you go get ready, uh boys?"

"What?" gawked Shane as Ted stood with a nod, tugging at his twin's arm. "But I'm not done yet."

"Let's go." hissed Ted tugging harsher so he snatched him off the chair and upstairs, ignoring his childish whines.

Once my toasts were prepared I sat in my seat, reaching for the jam as mom pulled her chair closer and filled my mug with coffee. "How are you, darling?"

"Been better." I summed, not really in the right mood to explain how bad I actually was.

"Have you been able to reach them?"

I shook my head. "I've called Kimmy again a few minutes ago and her mother took it. She said she's finally awaken this early morning."

"Hey, that's good." she cheered and I nodded, appreciating her effort.

"Is it okay if I dropped by before classes?"

"But would you made it in time?"

"I might be late for first period... b-but I need to see her." I rushed seeing her frown.

"I guess... um, I guess I could write you a permission." she muttered, making my back straightened. "But only for the first period, and only for today."

"Really?" I wondered not really believing it and my chest eased a bit when she nodded.

"I mean it, tho. You see her and come straight to school. If you want to catch up with her or anything else you go after the classes end. You already missed a lot of stuff yesterday."