7.

Song: Good in goodbye - Madison Beer

........................................

Hailey

/ Four months ago /

I got to say, watching Nate getting arrested wasn't at all how I expected tonight to go and waiting in the police station wasn't either how I planned to spend the next hours. I caught his phone when it dropped as he fight that guy. There was a lot of blood... mostly from that other boy's running nose, but Nate got himself a few good hits too.

Just great.

My butt'd begun to hurt from sitting here for this long and my legs are longing to stretch, but I feel like I need to wait here for him. Maybe because I was there, maybe because I felt bad... for whatever reason I didn't find it in me to leave yet.

I'd been struggling between notifying my family or not, but in the end realized my mom would have freaked out if she got a call saying I was in the police station this late, even if it wasn't me the one arrested. So I just let it be. What she won't see, it won't hurt her... Even tho nerves had been eating me from the inside as I bounced my knee frantically and bit my thumb nail. 

It'd been a while since they finally allowed me to get in but I still hadn't seen him. About an hour ago or so the other guy got picked by a very pissed man that looked like he'd just woken up to the police call. Probably his father. But no one had come to get Nate yet, which made me suspicious.

Didn't they let them have one call? He didn't used it? They didn't pick it up?

After some insistence the man beside the counter finally got tired of me trying to talk to him and listen enough to realize I got Nate's phone. Luckily it had no password to get in so we could get to his contact list and picked the one saved as 'Mom'. An exhausted, yawning woman picked it at the third tone and the police officer informed her about the situation.

That had been like twenty minutes ago. Now I'm just here, waiting like an idiot for him to finally be released.

The bell over the front door dinged and I lifted my head just in time to see an exhausted woman entering the police station. Her hair was the same brown as Nate and I could easily pick the similarities in their features, but she looked old and tired, like she hadn't slept properly in days and her wrinkles were too pronounced for someone her age. The green basic clothes were a signal she just came from work or was about to head there, probably, and it got me feeling even worse thinking we interrupted her work time.

She walked swiftly to the desk and talk to the same man I'd before, getting him to move way faster now as he call someone to take Nate. Her eyes quickly scanned the place, but since it was empty they didn't last until they found mine. I stood and hesitantly approached her, a small awkward smile.