25.

Song: Holding out for a hero - Ella Mae Bowen

........................................

Nate

"Oh no," whined Kimmy leaning back into the cushioned bench of our booth. "Who invited him?"

"Nice seeing you too, princess." Bear mocked, but at least had enough sense of self preservation to sit by my side and not hers.

"Fuck you."

"Is that a suggestion?"

Seth slid next the raven-haired girl just as she was turning her frown his way. "Seth?"

"Hey, chill." he raised his hands claming peace. "It's just Bear."

I felt like smacking him right now. As if he didn't know how much she despites the player. When my best friend told me to convince Kimmy to come along I'd assumed she already knew Bear would be here as well. She'd been so weird lately, wouldn't hang out with us as much, was always moody, tired... It was hard enough to convince her to tag along, now the next time we'd want to hang out she surely would be suspicious.

"Yeah, love." smirked Bear leaning back into the bench and reached out to take one of the menus the waitress'd left here a minute ago. "Just me. Calm your tits."

I could practically see the smoke fuming through her nostrils, but instead of barking back another remark she glared and gave Seth a murderous glare he held nervously. Way to gain points with her, dude. If he really wanted her to like him, this won't help his cause in the slightest.

"Let's order, shall we?" he gulped, picking a menu as well. Pussy.

But I was no better. What was I supposed to do? I wanted Kimberly to feel comfortable, but it wasn't like I could act on it since Bear was also part of the group somehow, part of the football team and -most important- was paying for our dinner.

So I guess there wasn't much I could do other than roll my eyes dismissively when Kimmy's found mine. "The more the merrier, right?"

From her scowl I could tell she didn't agree. At all. I still yet to know what exactly had happened between both of them. I mean, the dark haired girl was never a fan of the big player, but these past months her dislike was more like hatred. 

I got distracted by my train of thoughts when my phone beeped in my pocket, and for some reason I felt like holding my breath until I unlocked the screen and saw it was just another text on the chat's group about tonight.