14.

Song: This feeling - The Chainsmockers ft Kelsea Ballerini

........................................

Hailey

"I can't..." I gritted my teeth, my breaths too ragged to provide enough oxygen and all my muscles screamed in agony for me to stop yet Oliver still jogging. I huffed. "I can't believe I let you convince me to do this!"

"It's good for you Hails. One more."

"Can't." I stopped, leaning forward on my knees to regain my breath, my lungs and muscles burning.

"No. No!" Olly jogged in circles around me. "It'll be harder if you halt. Now your muscles have to start all over again and- What are you doing? Up!" he practically yelled when I sat on the corner of the gravel path that crosses the park. People passing gave us weird glances but I didn't care. At the moment all I could think about was how did I let myself be fooled into start jogging? Olly seriously had some sweet talk, but not at the moment that he was glaring down at me, pulling at my arm for me to stand again. "Hailey Grace!"

"Just... go. I'll wait you right here." I dramatically tried to faint backwards, but he tugged me up so harshly my body was ripped from the grown. "Ah! Olly!" I almost lost balance but managed to hold on his bouncing body. I sent him a glare.

"Don't look at me like that, love. You know what you were signing up to, now don't you dare leave me alone."

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm about to faint." I exaggerated and he could tell judging on the frown he gave me. "Look around, genius, I'm not exactly leaving you alone." I gestured the crowded park around us. "It's all full and... look! Aren't those from the team?" I narrowed my eyes, trying to see better the group of guys playing some kind of football on the grass.

Yeah, they were from Roosevelt High. My heart did a somersault when I distinguished Nate among them. He was on simple shorts and a plain cotton shirt, sleeveless so his arms were all in display. Even through the distance I could see the muscles constricting as he made a perfect thrown and my mouth went dry. Damn. He was so effortlessly sexy it was unfair.

"You're done eye-fucking him?" Oliver bluntness brought me roughly to reality. I turned towards him, eyes wide and felt my face heating, not exactly from all the sport we'd made. My friend sent me a smile, momentarily forgetting the lecture he was giving me. "You like him or something?"

"What? No!" I squealed, shaking my head furiously. "Why on earth would you say that? I'd barely begun to tolerate him!"

"Oh, well, excuse me." he rolled his eyes and making us step aside so an elderly couple could walk by. "You could have fooled me with all those glances and stuff."