42.

Song: Into you - Ariana Grande

........................................

Hailey

I was laying on my stomach on the bed, writing down Biology notes as I struggle to balance that concentration with my focus on what Vickie and Taylor were saying over the group video call. We really should stop doing homework on the phone, otherwise our halt in hanging up would be meaningless if we keep getting distracted during our 'study time'.

I'd already ended my English's essay and more than half of the Economy's project. I was satisfied with today's improvement, but still the amount of exams coming in the next weeks was enough to make me feel anxious to say at least. That added to the constant articles for the Dayly and my personal aim to do better in order to get that recommendation letter form Mrs Glennson.

I needed to step up my game, but in all honestly the girl's gossips were far more alluring and I couldn't make myself hang up and work in silence. I guess it wouldn't matter if I take it easy for now. I'd focus properly in an hour or so, when they'd too need to go work and my mother and the twins would be back home. She won't allow me to be on the phone while studying.

"Anyway, moving on." Taylor summarized after we laughed at the weird dinner her and Kevin had last night so she would meet his grandpa. "Tell me something juicy so I don't feel this ridiculous alone. Vickie." the red-haired looked up at her name being called and I saw Taylor tilting her head. "How are things with you and Logan? Has he made a move yet?"

"You mean after getting his nose broken and being threatened like that? No, he hasn't." she deadpanned and I could tell how her tone darkened as the events of that infamous New Year party were brought back.

"Has Bear said something?" I chirped in, quite intrigued on my own, and her gaze turned murderous.

"Why would he?"

"Well," I shrugged one shoulder. "Considering everything, he might have tried to reach out for you? I don't know..."

"Come on, Hails, it's Bear for God's sake." she rolled her eyes, pissed. "Regret isn't in his vocabulary, I doubt he even knows what respect is, and in all honesty I hope he stays out my way from now on. I don't want to talk to him ever again."

"Harsh, Vic." grimaced Taylor. "But I totally support you. That guy needs a chill pill, and pronto."

"And so does Logan." scoffed my friend. "Maybe it was a good thing that gorilla put on that whole scene. If he can't stand the odds of being together we better not be anything at all. I don't dig cowards."

I had to bite on my lip at her snap. She was absolutely right. Logan was a coward and Bear was a prick. But even with all that it was clear as hell that Bear lose his cool like that because he went mad on jealousy when seeing them together in that party. The blond jock act all arrogant and intimidating, but in the end he was just big sore ego who couldn't get the girl. It would be even amusing if it wasn't for the way he punished her for his unreturned feelings. And his constant teasing and humorless pranks had shifted into driving away someone who she really liked.