35.

Song: Walls - Louis Tomlinson

........................................

Hailey

"Hailey." a sudden banging on my door jolted me awake. "Darling, wake up."

"Uumhnpth." I stretched, all my muscled melting under the heat of the duvet. I could tell out of it it was way colder and I was just too good in here- My mother banged my room's door again and urged me to wake up. "M'up..." I babbled, yawning, too tired to mouth properly and heard her laughing.

"Come on, sleepyhead. It's late already."

I heard the foggy dizziness of dreamland faded more and more as I heard her footsteps retreating from my door, assuming I would be getting up or she'd be back in the next five minutes. She never let me sleep in too much. Even now, on weekend, eleven was my top. She claims it would alter my inner schedule otherwise.

I groaned and nuzzled into the warm, comfy pillow; but got startled at the sudden cold surface against my cheek. My eyes flew open, detaching my face from it and relaxing again when I saw it was just my phone, some random numbers staring back at me and I realized I pressed them with my face.

I deleted them and as soon as they were gone the screen showed there was a call going on. My heart picked up and the remaining sleepiness thawed as I saw Nate's name on top and the time the call had been going on.

 11 hours, 23 minutes and 41 seconds.

42 seconds.

43.

44-

I smiled to myself, a warm feeling curling in my chest when I realized we'd fallen sleep on the phone. Again. And it only increased when I brought it closer to my ear and hear the faint deep breathing at the other end.

Nate was still sleeping. Surprising, considering I was the late sleeper. Yet, he had the game last night, and then they went out to celebrate. He didn't call me until almost midnight and still stay awake long time then before my memory began to blur with sleep. He must have been exhausted.

Grinning to myself I took a screenshot and hanged up the call before opening our texts and sent it to him.

HAILEY: Our new record :)

There, when he'll wake up he'll answer. And I couldn't wait. Tiredness tugged me in and my lids fluttered close, allured by the sleep once more... until my door barged open startling me.

"Hailey!" there stood Shane, his hair messy and his eyes still glossy. I guess he didn't wake up far before I did. "Mom's said up."

"Uh." I threw the duvet over my head. "Go away."