8.

Song: Girls like you - Maroon 5

........................................

Hailey

"I see you keep looking like a preyed animal." I almost jumped as Taylor appeared out of the blue as I stepped out Mrs Glennson's office, giving me a pointed look at my reaction. "See?"

"Well," I gulped. "I'm sorry, but when you sneaked on someone that use to be the effect." she rolled her eyes and fall into step with me. "Where's Kevin?"

"Late. He told me to get going. So? How did it go in there?"

"Good." by the glance she sent me I could tell she didn't believe it. "I mean, considering everything." I sighed, shaking my head. "I told her about Dawson and she's willing to add his name on it as well."

Not like it surprised me, after all, it would have been a total mess it it wasn't for the guy and I would had felt bad if his name wasn't on it as well. After I literally ran out the football field -with's Nate stunt in front of our more than half our entire student population and everything-, I thought I was screwed. I feel like a hot mess, on the verge of tears and so I waited for Taylor and the twins in the car.

Logan Dawson appeared the next day on my doorstep, as a weird knight in a shiny armor and a bunch of notes to help me fulfill the article.

To my surprise, he didn't bitch about me quitting like that nor asked anything. We worked on it the whole Saturday and so instead of a sport article or a mere interview the result turned out something really decent. Mrs Glennson had that satisfied look so I really had to thank Logan's collaboration.

Taylor hummed by my side as we reached my locker. "Not exactly a surprise considering you've been, like, all crazy over this stupid- excuse me." she corrected with a playful eye roll at my dirty glare. "This important article. Can't wait 'till it all over the daily tomorrow. Bet it'll be a bombshell. Better be. Not as much as that kiss but-"

"Taylor!" I groaned, glancing around in apprehension, my cheeks already warm. "Drop it."

"What? I'm just stating facts here, am I right?"

Like hell stating facts. Ever since I laid a foot in the school's building; I got this strange feeling that everyone was watching me, even though I was also damn sure nobody was, but I got this constant feeling in the small hairs of my nape, like someone's gaze was there. Ridiculous, I know, but I'd been kind of on the edge ever since Nate crossed all boundaries at last Friday's match.

I couldn't believe he went and kiss me.

But I also couldn't believe the burning spark ignited in the pit of my stomach, butterflies flying aggressively within me even after I pushed him away not even two seconds later. Yeah, not my brightest moment.