Chapter-16

[At the college, Sara's POV]

I was sitting with Nora in the classroom. I was telling her about Cody. A few days have passed since Cody came. Maira and Lia helped me to take care of him. 

He is a really cute puppy, a funny and playful one. We got friendly. His presence doesn't make me feel lonely like before.

"Hey, are you coming to the prom party?" Nora asked me out of nowhere to which I looked at her confused on what to answer.

"Prom Party?"

"Yeah. After 15 days it will be held at one of the big party halls. Will you come?" She informed.

"Umm..." Before I could say bell rang and the professor came in and class started.

[In the lunch break]

I was in the washroom washing my hands before going to the canteen. I was heading to the door when someone came and we bumped into each other. Accidentally her things fell on the floor.

"I'm sorry." I apologized and started helping her to pick up her things. I stood up picking her things in my hands and gave them to her.

"I'm sorry about that." I apologized again.

"It's okay..." She replied smiling and I smiled too in return.

"I'm Ravena." She introduced herself forwarding her hand for a handshake.

"Ohh. I'm Sara." I also introduced myself shaking hands with her. 

I was getting late so I made my way to the canteen saying bye to Ravena. I never had seen her here before. Looks like she is a new student. The rest of the day was normal.

[At house]

I came into my room. My eyes wandered around the room to see Cody. I didn't see him anywhere. I looked everywhere to find him. The balcony was locked so means he was not there. 

He was too small to open the door. So he is in the room. Then I heard something from under the bed. I bent down to see under the bed, just met with a cute scene.

Cody was playing there with a pillow. He had made some scratches on the pillow from where cotton was coming out. He was covered in some of those pieces of cotton. 

It was a cute sight to see. When he notices me he came out and came to me. I lifted him in my hands as he started licking my face. I giggled as it was tickling.

"I missed you, too," I said laughing as he stopped licking my face. I caress his soft fury back softly.

"Don't you feel dirty when he licks you?" I got startled by Alvin's sudden voice. I looked behind to see him standing there. I stood up leaving Cody on the floor.

"How can you let him lick you..?" He continued saying looking at me. "When it was only my place to do it.."

"Huh...?" I couldn't understand his last whispered words.

"Nothing." He spoke only that. I saw Cody going in his direction taking small steps. He stopped at his leg and sniffed his foot.

"What you want little doggy..?" He asked raising one eyebrow at him. Cody was busy sniffing at him.

"Get fresh. " Alvin spoke to me. He was looking at me with a blank expression.

"huh?"

"I don't like his scent on you. Your... natural scent is far better than that and... I like it more. Got it?" At his last words, a smirk came to his lips.