The world is shifting

Recap:

"Sakura...I wish you would understand how much we're trying to help you" Kakashi said after a minute of her not speaking. "Yeah?" She replied before slamming the door shut.

'I hate pity'

-

'There is no value in killing the likes of you... My foolish brother... If you want to kill me... curse me! Hate me! And live a long and unsightly life... Run away... run away... and cling to your pitiful life. And then some day, when you have the same eyes as I do, come before me.'

-

Sakura awoke with exhausted gasp to touch her stinging eyes attempting to reach for the only light source in her room. The visions were becoming...worse, preventing her from sleeping or her parents. There was no communication between her team since their argument and she wouldn't be the one to speak to them first.

'This Itachi Uchiha keeps popping up in my head' she thought climbing out of bed and throwing the sweaty sheets off the mattress. The constant throbbing of her head made itself known as she descended the wooden steps.

'Headache after headache and it just keeps getting worse' she thought again hoping for the voice invading her mind to give her an idea why.

Lately it hasn't said anything and Sakura prayed for her mind to be empty of the vile thing but at the same time she was worried. This thing was capable of anything.

-

"Sakura! when are you apologizing to your team?" Mebuki asked in a nagging tone handing her a plate of freshly made pancakes. Sakura knew her mother only wanted best for her but it drove her insane.

Pushing the pancakes to the side she rubbed her dry eyes and laid her head on the table. Mebuki gazed at her daughter in worry "When are you gonna eat again?" She asked in a softer tone.

"Not sure...I'm gonna go out for a while" Sakura said getting from the table quickly and leaving her mother stuttering over her words.

-

It was hard to keep any food down and she knew she lost weight, but she refused to let anyone know she was struggling even if they could see it. Walking down the busy streets of Konoha helped in a way, her teammates were doing their own personal training for the last segment of the chunin exams, so they were busy lately.

"Maybe I should check on them and Haku...?" she said trailing off silently. Walking towards their training ground before turning on her feet in second thought. 'No way in hell!' she thought in annoyance walking back towards her home.

     "Miss! Miss!" a hoarse voiced woman called her over motioning with her long yellowish nails. "Do you believe in the vast unknown?! If so I have something you may like!" she said loudly making others peer in her direction with annoyance. Sakura felt as if the woman was most likely a scam artist, but her bored mind just wanted some sort of entertainment.

     Walking towards the woman's tent she dodged kids chasing one another and adults yelling in anger. "Vast unknown?" Sakura asked standing in front of the woman's tent to look at the unique objects littering the stand. The woman smirked and pulled out an object from her dark purple robe. "I found this while I was traveling to Sunagakure" she said handing it to Sakura to inspect.