The old you

Recap:

"I don't have to answer you" she said glaring at him attempting to hide her fear.

"Oh really?"

-
The old Itachi Uchiha was known as a ruthless psychopath with little to no emotion. The many that attended the academy were taught to fear the Uchiha who killed his very own family...it was only natural. That very same man became a rogue nin that ran away from Konoha, so why was he here?

The only answer was a genjutsu that someone of higher power put on her. There was no other explanation other than it being a dream she could communicate with a little too well.

"-kura! Sakura are you listening to me?" Kakashi asked in his very recognizable suspicious tone. "No, Im just trying to wrap my head around-" she said before she cut her sentence short. Obviously, she was on the back burner, for some odd reason Itachi's presence was 'normal' to them, so maybe she should try to play along?  "Yes I'm listening just a bit dizzy" she said attempting to laugh it off.

Sasuke gave her a hard look before bumping her shoulder on his way pass her. "No way in hell i'm gonna wait and hear what sorry excuse you have this time" he said before slamming the double doors behind himself. Itachi bowed to Kakashi before following after his younger brother and glancing at her obviously disheveled appearance.

Kakashi pinched the bridge of his nose and turned to the pink haired girl. "Sakura if you're going to keep showing signs of...mental symptoms, I may need to place you on temporary leave-" Sakura snapped her head in his direction. "What!? No, I'm completely fine I told you guys that-"

Naruto who's been relatively quiet this whole time heaved an annoyed puff of air. "You actually don't tell us anything, but that's completely fine!" he said flashing a smile that made her eye twitch.

"You guys never believe shit I say anyways; if I say I'm fine then I'm fine besides you're limiting me for no reason, I just have a few shortcoming-"

"A few?! You most definitely have a lot more-" Naruto said before abruptly pausing his sentence. "...Sorry I'm not being myself again I should always smile and make jokes like you think I should, so I'm just gonna leave" he said quickly changing his tone with a smile. "See ya Idiot Haku and Kaka-sensei" he said waving. "Naruto-"

"Sakura-chan I don't really wanna be bothered" he smiled before passing her with the slam of the door. A long pause range through the now quiet hallway before she spoke again.

"Well the only two left to air me out is you guys! Have at it!" She said sarcastically watching them stare her down. Kakashi signed before finally speaking "I've said enough on this issue, so I'm done speaking, they do say actions speak louder than words" he said giving a wave in her direction before poofing in a white cloud of smoke.

Turning towards Haku she knew he would never yell at her, but his expressionless eyes seemed to say all he needed before he too passed her without a word.

"Good job you've been dumped by your team in a genjutsu" she whispered in apathetic tone.

-
They wouldn't let her go home without a guardian, they thought she was too crazy to leave the hospital by herself. Plus she hasn't seen her team in two days. The finale of the Chunin exams were approaching, so she did want to somehow support them, but she couldn't do that here.

Climbing out the window was a hard no knowing from past experiences and what they could lead to. "Ugh where is my mom in this freaking hell hole of a genjutsu"

"Genjutsu?" a voice said in confusion making her squeak in surprise. "Oh mom you're here to take me home right?" Sakura said excitedly jumping from the thin covers of her comforter to hug her mother. "Sakura sweetheart I'm sorry for not visiting for a few days Hatake-San said you would need some alone time.

'Hatake? as in my nosy teacher Hatake?' She thought in horror. Her shoulders were then grasped in a tight embrace. "I feel as if you should listen to your sensei and take a few weeks to a month off" she said unpacking some of her clothes and putting them in drawers. "Mom what are you doing with my stuff?"

"Oh Sakura I'm just bringing in some fresh clothes so you don't have to wear a hospital gown 24/7" Sakura felt her eye twitch yet again. "Mom I don't need anymore clothes because we're going home" she said grabbing the bag her mother bought with her to throw her clothes back in.

"Hatake-San said you would say that too" Mebuki said with a tired smile. "Mom what did Kakashi-Sensei tell you?" Mebuki waved her off before squeezing her hand. "Nothing you have to worry about, the chunin exams will be next week, so don't worry about missing them!"

"We're going to spend this week in therapy so I can better understand your symptoms sweetheart" Mebuki said helping her sit on the bed.

Now that Sakura thought about it she remembered Kakashi mentioning her 'symptoms' too. "What symptoms I don't have any" she grumbled in annoyance.

"The doctor didn't tell you?" Her mom asked angrily. Sakura was now completely confused on what 'symptoms' she had.

"Oh I'll have to get a doctor to really explain it but you've been having bipolar tendencies not to mention the possibility of you being schizophrenic" Mebuki said with a downcast expression.

"Huh?"

-

Hi! I'm back, so sorry for the way overdo chapter I've been really busy lately. I hope I didn't make Naruto ooc. I just feel as if he's depicted as an idiot in most stories so I wanted to give him a much needed push on the mature side.