Chapter 22

A few days went by. Since the tomb had been opened, they learned that a bunch of vampires from the tomb had gotten out. Maddie woke up and started to get ready for the day. It was pretty dreary outside, so she decided just wear something casual and not too dressy. She changed into a purple sweater, black jeans, and black shoes. She then put her hair up. Once Maddie finished getting ready, she headed downstairs.

"Good morning, Madeline." Damon greeted as he strolled into the kitchen.

"Good morning, uncle Damon." Maddie greeted.

"How's animal feeding rehab going?" Damon teased.

"Don't." Maddie said. "I feel bad for what I did to Tyler and drinking those blood bags."

"But, you shouldn't feel bad for it." Damon said. "You didn't do anything wrong. You didn't kill him."

"And if I continued to drink blood bags, how long do you think it would be before I would end up killing someone?" Maddie asked. "Do you think I would be able to handle that?"

"Which is exactly what I want to avoid." Stefan said, coming into the kitchen. "I don't want you to go through that."

"I was going to go to the cafe to eat breakfast." Maddie said. "If that's ok."

"Do you need to go hunting before leaving?" Stefan asked.

"I'm ok." Maddie said.

"Are you sure?" Stefan asked.

"Yes, I'm fine." Maddie said.

"Alright." Stefan said. "Be careful."

"I will." Maddie said. "Dad, do you mind if I borrow your car?"

"Sure. Go ahead." Stefan said, handing her the keys.

Maddie put her jacket on. "Bye guys." She said as she grabbed her purse.

"Bye." Damon said.

Maddie headed outside and got in her Dad's car. She started it and drove into town. She parked in a spot and walked towards the cafe. She noticed Tyler. She had been avoiding him the last few days.

"Hey Maddie." He greeted.

Maddie ignored him and kept walking. She felt someone grab her arm and turn her around. She was now face to face with Tyler. "What do you want Tyler?" Maddie asked.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Tyler asked.

"I don't want to do this anymore." Maddie said.

"I thought we were having fun." Tyler said.

"I did have fun." Maddie said. "But then, my brother caught us."

"So, you're going to stop having fun with me because your brother caught us making out?" Tyler asked.

"Yes." Maddie said.

"He can't tell you what to do." Tyler said. "He's not your father."

"In a way, he is. We're all each other has and I don't want to disappoint him again." Maddie said. "Just leave me alone, please." She started to walk away, but Tyler grabbed her arm again.

"That's stupid." He said.

"Tyler, let go of me." Maddie said, but Tyler kept a strong grip on her. She could of easily gotten out of his grasp, but she would expose herself.

"She told you to leave her alone." They heard someone say. It was Jeremy.

"Walk away, Gilbert." Tyler said. "This has nothing to do with you."