Chapter 34

Maddie was in the cave with Katherine. At first, she played games on her phone to pass the time, but soon her phone started to die.

"So, you and Elijah, huh." Katherine started. Maddie ignored her. "You should know that I had him first." Katherine continued.

"What are you talking about?" Maddie asked.

"Back when Klaus was planning to use me for the sacrifice, Elijah and I formed a little friendship." Katherine explained. Maddie didn't say anything. "So, how does Daddy feel about your relationship with Elijah?" Katherine asked.

"I'm not telling you about it." Maddie said.

"Speaking of Stefan, why were you so hostile towards him?" Katherine asked. "Having Daddy issues?"

"Why would I tell you anything?" Maddie asked.

"Oh come on." Katherine said. "You can't think I'm that bad."

"You manipulated my father and uncle into becoming vampires." Maddie said.

"You don't know anything about me." Katherine said. "You were only a few months old when I came around."

"I've heard enough from my father and my uncle." Maddie said.

"I am curious to know when you turned into a vampire." Katherine said.

Maddie sighed. She knew Katherine wouldn't leave her alone and there was nowhere for Maddie to go. "In 1880." She answered.

"I'm surprised Stefan turned you." Katherine said.

"He did it because I asked him to." Maddie replied. After that, Katherine left Maddie alone.

A little bit later, they heard footsteps. The two looked at each other and became alert. Elijah appeared.

"Elijah!" Maddie said.

"The spell's been lifted." Elijah explained. "You'll be able to come out of the tomb."

Maddie cautiously walked out of the tomb and did a sigh of relief when she could. Katherine sped forward, but was stopped by an invisible barrier.

"As for you." Elijah said, turning to her. "Klaus will want to know exactly where you are." He and Maddie started walking out of the tomb. "Are you ok?" Elijah asked.

"Yeah." Maddie said.

"You don't look good." Elijah said.

"I just need to hunt." Maddie said.

"Well, come on then." Elijah said.

After feeding on a few animals, they went to the boarding house. They walked inside.

"Madeline!" Stefan said, embracing her. "Thank god you're alright." He looked at Elijah. "Thank you." He said. Elijah nodded. Stefan walked away and it was just Maddie and Elijah.

"Thank you for rescuing me." Maddie said, kissing Elijah on the cheek.

"You're certainly welcome." Elijah said. "I'll see you soon."

"Bye." Maddie said. She closed the door as Elijah walked out.