Chapter 2

The next morning, Maddie was still sleeping, when she was woken up by her father. "Madeline, hurry up and get ready." Stefan called from the bottom of the stairs.

"Ok. I'll be right down." Maddie said. She hopped out of bed and went into her bathroom. She turned the water on, undressed, and stepped into the shower. Once she finished, she got out and dried off and went back into her room. She walked over to her closet and searched for an outfit. She settled on a blue sleeveless dress with flowers and brown ankle boots. She partly braided her hair and put on a little makeup.

Once she finished getting ready, Maddie grabbed her bag and walked downstairs

"Morning Dad. Zach." She said as she came into the kitchen. She saw Zach making breakfast for himself.

"Morning Maddie." Zach greeted.

"Ready for school?" Stefan asked.

"Yep." Maddie replied.

"Let's go hunting before we leave." Stefan suggested.

"Ok." said Maddie. The two of them headed out of the house and into the woods.

"Do you remember the backstory we're going with?" Stefan asked.

"Yes." Maddie said. "You and me are siblings. We move a lot because of being a military family. Our parents died. And we're living with out uncle."

"Just making sure." Stefan said.

Maddie fed on a couple of bunnies. She walked back to the house, grabbed her bag off the porch and got into the car with her father. He started it and drove to the school. When they got there, Stefan parked and they got out. Stefan was a senior and Maddie was a sophomore. When they walked into the school, they went into the administration office and handed a secretary their files.

"These records aren't complete." The secretary said. "You're missing immunization records and your transcripts." Stefan took off his sunglasses.

"Please look again." He said as he looked into the secretary's eyes. "I'm sure everything you need is there." The secretary looked at the files again.

"Well, you're right." She said. She got some things out and handed them some papers. "Here are you lockers, class schedules, and maps of the school."

"Thank you." Maddie said. They walked out of the office and into the hallway. They looked at their schedules. They had English and Math together.

"I'll catch up with you later." Stefan said.

"Ok." Maddie said, heading to her locker. After she put her some of her books and backpack away and closed her locker. As she headed to her first class, she ran into someone, causing her to drop her books.

"Hey, watch where you're going." A boy said.

"Why don't you." Maddie said. She looked up from where she was picking up her books and the saw the most gorgeous and handsome guy she's ever seen. He had brown hair and chocolate brown eyes.