Chapter 33

A few days went by. Maddie was hunting in the woods, with Elijah. The two of them had been meeting up the past few nights to talk.

"So." Elijah started. "I've told you my story. Now, I want to hear yours."

"Why do you want to hear my story, when yours is more interesting?" Maddie asked.

"There, I disagree." Elijah said. "You're far more interesting than myself." Maddie laughed. "Well then?" Elijah said.

"I was born in 1864." Maddie started.

"When vampires in Mystic Falls were being hunted and killed, right?" Elijah asked.

"Please save questions till the end." Maddie said.

Now Elijah chuckled. "Sorry." He said.

"My father was still human when I was born." Maddie continued. "He didn't even know that he had a daughter until my mother brought me to him after I was born. She didn't want me, so she gave me to my father."

Elijah noticed a few tears running down her face. "I'm sorry your mother didn't want you." He said.

"Thank you." Maddie said, quickly wiping the tears away. "My Dad raised me with my uncle's and grandfather's help. I was only a few months old when he was turned into a vampire. He didn't want to abandon me, so he continued to take care of me even if it would be difficult for him."

"When were you turned into a vampire?" Elijah asked.

"In 1880, when I turned 16." Maddie answered.

"You were only 16?" Elijah asked.

"I had just turned 16." Maddie explained. "My father and I fought about it and it took a lot to convince him to do it."

"How did he turn you?" Elijah asked.

"By snapping my neck." Maddie continued. "He said it was the quickest and least painful he thought to do it."

"Why would you want to be a vampire?" Elijah asked.

"I wanted to be able to be with my father forever." Maddie replied. "Plus, if I hadn't, we wouldn't have met."

"This is true." Elijah said. "And I'm so glad we did meet."

"Me too." Maddie said, smiling.

Once Maddie finished hunting, Elijah took her home. "Have a good night, Madeline." Elijah said, kissing her hand.

"Good night, Elijah." Maddie said. She jumped up to her bedroom and closed the window.

The next morning, Maddie woke up and headed downstairs, after getting dressed. "Morning." She greeted.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Stefan said.

"I'm going to go to the cafe to have breakfast." Maddie said.

"I'll go with you." Stefan said.

"No thank you." Maddie said. "Uncle Damon?"

"Sure." Damon said. The two headed to the cafe.

"So, what's the plan for today?" Maddie asked as they ate.

"We're going to get the moonstone from Katherine." Damon said.

"And you really believe she's going to give it over willingly?" Maddie asked.

"No, but we're going to pry it from her cold dead hands." Damon said. "You're lucky you were too young to remember her."

"I know enough from Dad." Maddie said.

"Are you ever going to forgive him?" Damon asked.

"He acted as if he didn't care about me." Maddie said.