Chapter 30

Jeremy and Stefan were in the school hallway.

"Hey Jeremy." Stefan greeted.

"Hey." Jeremy said. "Look, it's great that you and Elena are back together, but you have to let me know if I'm supposed to cover for you guys with Jenna."

"What are you talking about?" Stefan asked.

"Elena didn't sleep over at your house last night?" Jeremy asked.

"No." Stefan said. "Wait. You haven't seen Maddie, have you?"

"No." Jeremy said. "Why?"

"Well, you guys have been hanging out more lately." Stefan said. "I figured she stayed over there last night."

"I haven't seen her since the ball last night." Jeremy replied. "If neither of us has seen them, then where are they?"

"You find Bonnie, I'll call Damon." Stefan said. Jeremy nodded and walked away.

Maddie woke up on a couch. She noticed Elena was here too. She also noticed that her wrists burning. She looked down to see they were tied up with ropes and probably guessed vervain was on them.

"Elena." Maddie said.

"Maddie." Elena said. "Where are we?"

"I don't know." Maddie said.

Just then, a man with semi long hair came into the room and went over to them. He undid the ropes around Elena.

"Please, I'm hurt." Elena said.

"I know." The man said. "I just want one taste." He then bared his teeth, showing his fangs.

"Get away from her!" Maddie said.

"Trevor!" They heard someone say. They turned to see a woman with a short bob hairstyle. "Control yourself!" Trevor walked out of the room.

"What do you want with us?" Maddie asked.

"Be quiet." Rose said. She looked at Elena. "Wow. You look just like her." She said.

"But I'm not Katherine. My name is Elena Gilbert." Elena said.

"I know who you are." Rose said. "I want you to be quiet."

"What do you want with us?" Elena asked. Rose slapped Elena, knocking her unconscious.

"Hey!" Maddie said.

"You be quiet too, Salvatore." Rose said. "Unless you want to end up the same way."

Maddie just sat there shocked that this woman knew who she was.

"Yes. I know who you are." Rose added. "I know who your father and uncle is as well."

"How?" Maddie asked.

"At one point, Lexi told me I should date your father because he was one of the good ones." Rose said. "But, from what I could tell, I would be more interested in Damon than Stefan. I was always more into the bad boys."

"You knew Lexi too?" Maddie asked. Rose nodded and walked out of the room. Maddie tried to wake up Elena up.

After a few minutes, Elena came to. "Are you ok?" Maddie asked.

"Yeah." Elena said.

"Can you take these off me, please?" Maddie asked, referring to the ropes around her wrists and ankles. Elena undid the ropes.

"Ahh." Maddie said as she rubbed her burned wrists, which were red.

"What's wrong?" Elena asked.

"The ropes had vervain on them." Maddie replied.

"Are you ok?" Elena asked.

"I'll be fine." Maddie said. They heard the other two people talking. They then heard a third voice.

"They're coming towards the room." Maddie said. Rose and Trevor came into the room with someone new.

Maddie looked up at the man that had just walked in. He was the most gorgeous man she had ever seen. She noticed that he was staring at her, as well. He stared at her for a moment longer before turning his attention to Elena. He sped over to her and sniffed her hair. Maddie thought that he was taking in her scent.

"Human? That's impossible." He said with a British accent. "Hello." Elena didn't answer. He turned towards Maddie.

"My. You're very pretty." He complimented. "And who might you be, my dear?" Maddie didn't answer. "Please, tell me your name." The man said, looking into her eyes.

Maddie was going to give him a fake name, but she felt compelled to tell him her real name. Which she thought that was weird because vampires couldn't compel other vampires. "Madeline Salvatore." She answered.

"That's a beautiful name." The man said. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Madeline. I'm Elijah Mikaelson."

"It's nice to meet you, too." Maddie said.

"We should be going." Elijah said. "We have a long drive ahead of us."

Just then, they heard something.

"What is that?" Elijah asked Rose.

"I don't know." She said.

"Who else is in this house?" Elijah asked.

"I don't know." Rose said, again.

Elijah grabbed both Elena and Maddie and sped to another part of the house. He gave Elena to Rose, but kept a hold on Maddie. They felt stuff whip around them.

"Rose." Elijah said.

"I don't know who it is." Rose said.

"Up here." Maddie heard her father say. Elijah let go of Maddie and sped up the stairs.

"Down here." Damon said. A stake was thrown into Elijah's hand.

All of a sudden, Maddie was grabbed and was against a wall. Her uncle motioned for her to be quiet.

"Excuse me. To whom it may concern, you're making a great mistake if you think that you can beat me. You can't. Do you hear that?" Elijah said. "I repeat, you cannot beat me. So I want both girls. I'm gonna count to three or heads will roll. Do we understand each other?"

"I'll come with you." Maddie heard Elena say. "Just please leave Maddie alone and don't hurt my friends. They just wanted to help us out."

"What game are you playing?" Elijah asked.

Just then, Maddie heard Elijah scream. There was a lot of commotion. Maddie couldn't see what was going on, but she looked just in time to see Damon stake Elijah and kill him. Rose ran off and Damon started to go after her, but Elena stopped him.

"Let her go." She said.

Maddie watched as her father immediately went over to Elena. She looked down.

"Hey." Damon said, going over and embracing her. "Are you ok? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine." Maddie said.

"Come on." Stefan said. "Let's go home."

Maddie climbed into the passenger side of the car, while her dad and Elena got in the back and Damon drove. Maddie looked in the rear view mirror to see her father's arm around Elena's shoulder, with her head against his. She was a little hurt by the fact that her father didn't even bother to see if she was ok. Her thoughts went to Elijah. When she first saw him, she instantly felt something for him. Like love at first sight. And she was slightly crushed when Damon killed him.