IX - Lies and Lies

"And the crowd goes wild!" The announcer said, while the students on the bleachers yelled.

"Once again! Miami High will advance to the championship game!" The MC added, while the crowd went wild once more.

"Shawn." Camila said, while Shawn's eyes widened before he ran towards the brunette.

"Hi! Thank you for coming." Shawn chuckled.

"You're welcome. I'm just here to drop this off, as you requested. Also, Congratulations!" Camila said, handing the man a paper bag.

"Thank you boo, you're the best." Shawn smiled before hugging Camila.

"I'm sorry I was late, I didn't even make it to the start of 4th quarter." Camila smiled.

"It's fine Mils, Priorities!" Shawn chuckled.

Before Camila could speak again, the crowd went to congratulate the players, a few minutes later. They gym was finally nearing empty.

"What time is it?" Shawn asked, while Camila looked at her watch.

"Shit, it's almost 9." Camila muttered.

"I'll be going now, Congratulations again." Camila said, while Shawn nodded before walking Camila out the gymnasium.

"Be safe." Shawn smiled.

"Good job Shawnito." Camila said, patting the curly haired boy's head before turning around. When she did, she was met with the Softball team.

"Oh, Hey." Vero whispered sadly, seeing Camila stand there in shock.

"Hi Mila." Normani greated softly, sadness present in her voice as well. Camila caught Lauren's eyes before she heard another voice.

"Laur-"

"Let's go." Lauren said sternly, cutting Keana off and avoiding Camila's eye contact. Camila closed her eyes in disappointment, out of all the people she'd see, it had to be Lauren.

"I thought you said you don't care?" Keana asked, while Lauren nodded.

"Yeah. I don't." Lauren said before rushing back to her position.

"Sure?" Vero asked.

"Yeah, she can do whatever she wants I'm not affected." Lauren muttered.

"If she wants to attend his ball game, so what? I don't care." Lauren added.

"She cares." Vero chuckled, winking at Normani while Lauren held the bat aggressively.

"Back to the ball game!" The MC announced.

There were tons of technical difficulties during the event, The basketball game started at 6, and ended at nearly 9 pm. While The softball game started at 8:00. Whoever wins the round, gets to advance to the finals.

The game was composed of single elimination, there were only three teams competing for softball. Luckily for Lauren's team, Lauren drawed the waiting card. Which meant their team was waiting for finals, and well...this was the finals.

The ball game was intense, the opposing team has the advanced score and Lauren was starting to get stressed. It was already 10:30 pm, and they were halfway in the game.

"Imagine, she's Shawn." Normani whispered, while Lauren glared at the opponent in front of her, ready to hit her pitch.

"Strike 1!" The announcer said, when Lauren swiftly pitched.

Lauren was fuming, yesterday Camila went all loving and caring on her. The brunette even told her that she likes her, yet it all seemed too good to be true.