XV - Claim your throne

"Camzi." Lauren whined, trying to get the brunette's attention.

"Lolo." Camila whined back in a teasing manner.

"I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"I wanna see you."

"Lo." Camila chuckled.

"How long?" Lauren frowned.

"One day more." Camila smiled, while the older one huffed and leaned her head on her desk.

Camila was stuck in her parents' class reunion miles and miles away from Lauren, while Lauren was spending her weekends missing Camila. They had a long weekend, Thursdays and Fridays were cancelled due to the staff's conference meeting.

"I have go." Camila announced, looking at Lauren who was just pouting at the screen.

"Do you really have to?" Lauren frowned.

"If you want to be able to call Camila later, I'm pretty sure she has to." Sinuhe said, raising her eyebrow at Lauren. The green-eyed girl quickly let out a nervous smile.

"Well! Have fun Camz!" Lauren hurriedly dismiss the brunette. While Camila chuckled at her cuteness.

"Ay mija, I was just kidding." Sinuhe chuckled.

"You can call a bit later, we're just going to proceed to pray for batch adviser's recovery." Sinuhe smiled, while Lauren nodded politely.

"I love you." Lauren smiled, looking at Camila. The younger brunette let out a blush before she pulled the phone closer towards her.

"I love you too." Camila whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" Lauren raised her eyebrow.

"I love you." Lauren repeated.

"I love you too." Camila bit her lip and whispered.

"Camz!" Lauren whined.

"I love you too." Camila finally said properly, earning a raised eyebrow from her Father.

"I have to go." Camila said hurriedly. Not waiting for Lauren's reply while she avoided her father's gaze.

Camila closed her eyes and inhaled a sharp breath when she felt her father walk closer and beside her.

"Interesting." Alejandro mumbled, glancing at Sinuhe.

"Mami, is it me or did the juice taste sweeter?" Alejandro asked.

"I think it did, due to so much..." Sinuhe trailed off.

"Love." Both parents grinned, while Camila pretended that she didn't hear anything.

"You really like Lauren." Alejandro smiled, nudging his daughter.

"Dad." Camila whined.

"I'm just stating facts." Alejandro grinned.

"So, when did this I love you thing started?" Alejandro asked, nudging Camila. Camila didn't respond, instead she shook her head.

"Did you say it first?" Alejandro asked once again, while Camila shook her head.

"Good, I thought I might have to give up my expectations that you're playing hard to get."

Camila didn't answer, rather she just walked away from her father who was sheepishly grinning at her and teasing her as they situated themselves for the prayers.

"Family day huh?"

"I'm sorry, I'm Michael. I just saw you walking away from your dad before the prayer started. And I just thought, same vibes." He chuckled, while Camila smiled.