XXIX - Ego and Silence

"Alright, huddle." Dinah instructed.

"Let's discuss Camren's side." Dinah added, while they sat around the school's bleachers.

It was a Thursday afternoon, and not a proper conversation from both girls. Well, how were they supposed to get statements?

Lauren skipped school during the mornings and attended the afternoon classes, while Camila attended the morning classes and skipped the afternoon.

"I get Camila's side. I'm sure she said yes to Michael in front of everyone because she's just that nice, and couldn't bear to embarrass the guy." Keana said.

"Although, the thing is at least less than half of the student body knows she and Lauren are a couple. Which is why the confusion rose. But I get her point. Besides, she already declined him in private right?" Keana asked.

"She said she did." Normani said.

"I do get Lauser's side. Her words were like venom yesterday, she had a point. She said no, and declined Erica despite the public viewers. Which is something Walz could've done too since she's in a relationship." Dinah hummed.

"But, unlike Lauren who just dissed them. Camila had the decency to pull her own girlfriend away from the crowd, which Lauren failed to do so." Normani added.

"I think I kind of get it." Vero furrowed her brows.

"Lauren wanted Camila to decline him, and Camila wanted Lauren to pull her away. Hence their reactions on the situation. See how Lauren declined Erica? And Camila pulled her away from her?" Vero said.

"Ah, so miscommunication." Keana agreed.

"Coming to think of it, I think they want each other to act like how they were when they first started dating." Dinah furrowed her brows.

"Oh yeah, Lauren was very protective of Camila and Camila was politely declining and turning people down." Normani agreed.

"Okay, so who should we go to for them to make up?" Keana asked.

"Let's weigh our options." Normani said.

"We all know how Camila never really speaks up about her inner feelings, and well Lauren has her ego." Keana said.

"But, both of them would go to their senses when talked into it." Vero said.

"God this is so hard." Dinah groaned.

"Don't use his name in vain!" A voice cursed, which made them all jump.

"Allysus! Oh my God, thank heaven's you're here!" Dinah praised, while Ally glared.

"There's a lot of unh-"

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry, I'm just so stressed out." Dinah apologized.

"In fact, we all are." Normani frowned, while Keana and Vero nodded.

"They haven't talked yet?" Ally asked.

"Ally, I love you. But we all mentioned we're stressed, so what does that imply?" Dinah whined.

"You're missing a few details, which I happened to get." Ally giggles.

"Lauren didn't give Camila's bouquet to Erica. She was simply returning the bouquet Erica gave her, after she said no." Ally said.

"How'd you know it?" Normani asked.

"I just happened to bump into Lauren last night. Troy and I were out together, and I saw her at the bench by the park." Ally smiled.