XXVII - Love and Traitorship

"December 16th 2014, Tuesday. 4 more days, and you'll be taking your partner's to the Christmas Ball. Be sure to ask them out if you haven't already!" Mrs. Marge smiled.

"As for our topic for Today, we will be discussing about the topic of love."

"I wonder, who among these students are already in love." Mrs. Marge teased.

"But before we proceed, did you know that there's an undergoing study about the different phases and paces of dating, depending on one's race or ethnicity?" The professor added. 

"Sounds like Camren." Dinah teased, nudging Camila-who rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out.

Most people she knew would probably be making out with their significant partners, but not her and Lauren. Hell, it took them a month to say I love you's, and two weeks for a kiss. Maybe they were taking it slow, but to her...it was the right pace.

It was slow, but it was special. Camila found it adorable how the raven was really taking the time to know her. Maybe it was the culture, or maybe the way her parents raised her. But either way, she loved her nevertheless.

"Some cultures are popular for fast paced romance, and some cultures engage in different dating stages." Mrs. Marge explained, taking Camila off her thoughts.

"For example, in some countries...accepting an invitation to go out does not mean you're a couple already, but rather you are being accepted court the person."

"Huh? They do that?" A student asked, while the teacher only smiled.

"They do. In some places, you need to pursue and court someone years before they even officially call you their significant others."

"That's cap." Another chuckled.

"Some people date to marry, not for experience." One shot back, to which Dinah ooed.

"Don't we all date to marry?" Mrs. Marge chuckled.

"Either way, fast paced or not...relationships work better when both parties are comfortable. Some people prefer taking it slow, while others have their own ways. And in this class, we respect that. What matters the most if the foundation, Love." The teacher continued.

Camila smiled, nodding in agreement. Lauren was out there, breaking jock stereotypes. Fast paced, flings, non-romantic, public. Lauren was nowhere near these stereotypical adjectives. In fact, these words failed to describe Lauren.

Lauren would open doors for her, shyly lean for a kiss, blush whenever hugged, or smile out of the blue whenever she thought of Camila. It was like watching a little kid fall in love for the first time. Obviously the exact opposite of the description.

"If you stare too much, she might disappear." Camila heard Dinah's voice, before she turned to the polynesian.

And this, this is why she never liked having Lauren in the same room with her. She would often catch herself staring into the raven's figure, or be caught by Dinah. Then there's this minimal times when she was shamelessly caught by Lauren herself.

Since the faculty was running low on two teachers for maternal leave, instead of getting substitutes a few classes were merged together at certain times of the day. And well, Lauren had three subjects with her. One was Science, the other was Mathematics, and then Literature.

"Yep, she's gonna disappear." Dinah teases beside the brunette.

"Shut up." Camila glares, while the Polynesian only grinned at her in a teasing manner.

"Yes Ms. Cabello?" Mrs. Marge asked, while Camila froze.

Dinah's eyes widened, while Camila slowly turned to their teacher.