Chapter 2: trainspotting

DID SOMEONE SAY DOUBLE UPLOADDDDD.............. i hate myselfffffff

I walked into tutor, needing to do my history homework. I had spent the weekend learning my super speed. I had gotten to the point where I couldn't run normally anymore. I reached super speed before I even started running.

"Morning Toby,"

"Morning (Y/N). How was your match on Sunday?" My eyes widened as he said that.

"Shit. I completely forgot about it," Luke laughed at me.

"Mate, Tom's gonna kill you," He joked.

"Not if I run away from him," I winked at him, and walked towards my tutor's desk.

"Good morning, Miss Ali. Would it be alright if I went down to the library this morning? I've got some work to do for 2nd lesson," I asked.

"Sure. Have you done my poetry work for tomorrow?"

"Erm, I'll do it tonight," Miss Ali laughed at me.

"Go on, go to the library,"

I was working in the library when I was distracted by someone charging down the stairs. Low and behold, it was Thomas Jones.

"Shit,"

"(L/N)! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" He started running towards me. I couldn't do anything, or else my super speed would be exposed. I stood up and let him charge at me. I moved out of the way at the last second, only because of my super reflexes. I was able to dodge all of his swings and kicks. I limboed under his swing, and punched his stomach with my left hand. He fell onto the floor, and I grabbed my bag, and left the library. I went to the playground, and ran home.

"You're home early,"

"Yeah, didn't feel too good. You should probably call them, to make sure that they know," I went straight to my room, and led on my bed. I turned my TV on, and the news was on.

Mysterious green blur spotted in Roanemouth town centre. Attached was a speed camera photo of me running between two cars.

"107 mph? That's a lie, I can run at least 120 mph,"

S.H.I.E.L.D pov

The S.H.I.E.L.D helicarrier was in flight above New York. S.H.I.E.L.D, or Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division, are a extra-governmental, military counter-terrorism, and intelligence agency. Their main principle was to protect Earth. Nick Fury was in the bridge of the helicarrier when Agent Phil Coulson had some information for him.

"Director Fury, there's been a mysterious green blur spotted in England," Coulson handed Fury a tablet, which had a news article open on it. "To me, the shape of the blur resembles a human. And it was recorded to be moving at 107 miles per hour," Fury tilted his head towards Coulson.

"A human, who can run at 100 miles per hour?" Fury questioned.

"107, but yes. It's quite remarkable. We can try and get an enhanced image if you'd like," Fury nodded, and left for his office.

He sat at his desk, and pulled a file out of one of his drawers. He placed it on his desk, and stared at the front of it. The 'Avengers' Initiative.

After a short while, Phil Coulson returned to Fury's office. He looked down at the file, then back up at Fury before handing him the tablet.

"That's the enhanced image. It does appear to be a human running," He explained.

"Do we have an identification on who it is?" Fury asked.

"Yes. It was quite hard, considering he's in England, but it's (Y/N), (L/N). 15 years old. Born March 21st 1996," Coulson explained, whilst Fury nodded at him.

"I notice you've got the initiative out. Would you like me to organise a quinjet to Roanemouth?"

"I'll visit him myself,"

Your pov

1 week later...

I was walking through town. A railway system ran above the city, making the city seem somewhat futuristic. Well, in all fairness, Roanemouth is one of the richest cities in the United Kingdom. Town was quite busy, and I was walking under the train track. A train was going along the track, on its scheduled trip. 

There was an explosion from above, so I stopped to turn around and look at the track. The train was coming off the tracks, directly for me. I turned around, and started clearing a path for the train, so no-one got hurt. I zigzagged between pavements, pulling people to a safe distance. There was a loud thud, followed by a loud screeching, as the train hit the ground. I watched as the train dragged itself across the ground, slowly coming to a halt. A young child started crossing the road, and the train was about to hit her. I ran towards her, scooped her up, and gave her back to her mother. The rain stopped.

I tried to open the door, but it was locked. I smashed the window and opened the door from the inside. The driver was slumped over his controls, dead. I walked into the carriage, to see thirty or so scared faces looking at me.

"Is everyone alright?" There was no response, but a middle aged man chuckled to himself. I looked at him funny.

"No. Everyone is not alright," He looked down at his watch. "Because, in approximately 55 seconds, this train will blow up. There is a bomb in my bag. 50 seconds," I immediately reached for his bag, and pulled out the bomb. It was 4 propane gas canisters with intricate wiring all around it.

"This bomb is going to kill you, as well,"

"Yes, but it will also kill everyone else,"

"Not if I dispose of it," He smirked at me.

"30 seconds, you don't have enough time. You'll die,"

"Then I'll see you in Hell," I ran out of the train, and headed straight to the reservoir. There was a helicopter flying directly above me. I got to the reservoir, and stopped at the bank. I looked at the timer on the bomb. 5 seconds. I threw it into the water, and it blew up, causing a pillar of water to shoot into the sky. I sat down on the grass. My heart was beating extremely fast.

"Just in time," Someone said from behind me.