chapter 43: the sacrifice play

The fight was huge. Both armies were evenly matched, and fighting strong. There was no room to move. You'd turn around and see either an Avenger getting hurt or a Thanos goon being pummeled. Usually the latter. I fired a beam at one alien, and it ended up going through about ten. Spider-Man slung over the beam, to Tony. Scott punched a Chitauri Leviathan down to the ground, and it landed by my feet. Wanda looked like she was struggling, so I ran over to her and took an Outrider away from her.

"Hey, nice to meet you, my name's (Y/N). I'm an Avenger. And you are?" I said, ducking its attacks. The Outrider just growled at me.

"Right. Bad guy," I punched it in the jaw and it fell to the ground. Wanda turned around and shot some magic behind me, at the Outrider behind me.

"Thank you," I ran and fought more Outriders and Chitauri. Clint was running with the gauntlet, away from a big thing.

"Clint, pass it here," I said, matching his pace. He nodded and chucked the gauntlet forward. Speeding up, I caught it and ran somewhere.

"Cap, what do you want me to do with the gauntlet?" I asked, stopping to fight the opposition from range.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!" He replied.

"No! We need to get them back where they came from!" Bruce said.

"No way to get them back. Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel," Tony explained.

"Brilliant. What the hell do I do?"

"Hold on!" Scott shrunk. "That wasn't our only time machine," He clicked something and a horn version of La Cucaracha started playing.

"Anyone see an ugly brown van out there?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, but you're not gonna like where it's parked," Valkyrie replied.

"Scott, how long do you need to get that thing working?" Tony asked.

"Uh, maybe ten minutes,"

"Get it started. We'll get the stones to you," Steve said. Stephen Strange did some purple magic as I ran by, so I stopped next to him.

"Stephen Strange. Pleasure to finally meet you," I said, watching carnage unfold.

"(Y/N) (L/N). The fast one," He smirked at me. Tony landed behind us.

"Hey, you said one out of fourteen million, we win, yeah? Tell me this is it," Tony demanded. Stephen's smirk straightened.

"If I tell you what happens, it won't happen,"

"You better be right," I beamed down more Outriders, and ran, at normal pace, around whilst beaming and bolting Outriders. I stopped to fight more, and T'Challa jumped down next to me.

"(Y/N)," He lowered his mask. "Give it to me,"

"Are you sure?" He nodded and I passed him the gauntlet. He ran away and I continued fighting. Thanos' double bladed sword came whizzing past my face, so I ran towards it. The gauntlet was lying on the floor, and Thanos was walking over to it. I ran over to the gauntlet and fired two beams at Thanos.

"You again,"

"Yeah. Me again," We fought again, but this time I couldn't cope. He knew what I was going to do, so he could counter. He sliced my arm with one side of his sword, and then my chest with the other. He knocked me aside, and was going to put the sword through me, into the ground. Blood gushing from my lip and chest, I was ready to embrace death. I couldn't get up. I was stuck on the floor.